LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 28 April 2012

REVIEW: Lure by Brian Rathbone

LureThis was a free ebook which I was asked to give an honest review.
I just couldn’t get into this book. I put it aside and a few days later went back to it and gave it another try and I have to be honest and say that I did struggle to finish it.

When I read the synopsis, the plot and the characters...an ex-cop driving a souped up car and who is interested in the paranormal sound good to me. But as I turned the pages, I was so disappointed....I found her totally uninteresting and as for her friend Shells (I hated the name...sorry!!!!)..if I heard “dude” one more time, I was going to scream and smack her!!!!! I could not engage with any of the characters and after a while I skipped a few lines and at times pages.

I could not connect. I kept waiting for something to happen....and really nothing to pull me right into the story.
This could have been a good book but I felt it lacked something

No comments:

Post a Comment