LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 30 November 2011

REVIEW: LOVER REVEALED by JR Ward

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward 
After meeting Butch O’Neil, a tired, hard drinking, burnt-out cop and Marissa, an aristocratic vampire in the first book of this series, Dark Lover, I was looking forward to reading their story. 
I love Butch….his love for designer clothes, his relationship with the Brotherhood – he has given up his old life and since discovering their secret when he helped Wrath and his wife Beth, is living with the warriors. I like the interaction between human and vampire. He becomes very close to Vishous…..whilst I liked the bond the two had I really didn’t want them to become lovers…I became a bit irritated by the romantic feelings Vishous displayed towards Butch….I wanted Butch to finally get the girl he craved for…Marissa. Thankfully he does…although I do like Vishous….don’t get me wrong. 
Butch and Marissa have to overcome so many obstacles before the finally get together…..the interference by her brother, his capture and torture by the Lessers, his turning into a vampire not knowing if he would survive it. Marissa is a kind, innocent woman who finally meets the man who changes her life. 
Their story is tender and warm….at times I did want to feel more passion and intensity between the two….I mean….the scenes between Butch and Vishous…geez …hot and sexy………..but as I said before…..I am glad the author changed her mind….and we did not have a Butch & Vishous couple!!!!!! I am sure we will get a story about two warriors in love in the future. 
And wow ….the characters…Omega, The Scribe Virgin…. I liked reading more about John, Revhenge…what a fab guy….bad and gorgeous…Xhex…what an amazing character…was reminded of Xenia, the woman warrior……can’t wait to read their stories!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment