LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 27 January 2017

Review: A Ruthless Proposition by Natasha Anders (Goodreads Author)

A Ruthless PropositionA Ruthless Proposition by Natasha Anders
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

NOTE: THERE ARE SPOILERS AHEAD

After reading two books by this author, Natasha Anders, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
and liking them both so much, I really wanted to love this one. Sadly I found I couldn't love it....not even liking it!!!

I found the premise - office romance - interesting - it was the characters that turned me totally off this story!!! I found none likable...never mind the two mc's.....even the secondary characters were kind of bleh!!!

Dante Damaso, the hero and boss is the most despicable guy......now, I like alpha males...but this guy takes it to a level that I find totally unacceptable. He shows no respect to the heroine - rude, obnoxious....awful...awful.....horrible...horrible.....check out what he says the day after he's slept with his PA, the heroine....
“He sighed before putting his tablet aside. “Chloe,” he said, keeping his voice low so the driver couldn’t hear them. “Last night was just to relieve some of the stress of the day; you know that, right? I don’t usually fuck my employees. Too damned messy.” And quite frankly, he didn’t relish the potential sexual-harassment lawsuits from disgruntled sexual partners in the workplace, but he didn’t tell her that.
Just blew my mind!!!
 photo 4500_zpseniqsmzs.gif
Cleopatra Pandora Knight, the heroine and PA to A@#$$hole boss, Dante......at first, I kind of liked her....she showed a bit of spunk...but then she suddenly discovers she has the hots for the boss and all reason and sanity goes out the door....never mind his behaviour after their first time f@#$$$ck!!!
“Thanks, Chloe. I needed that.” His voice was slurred. He sounded like a very drunk or very tired man, and the gentle snore that followed a mere second later confirmed the latter fact.
Cleo sighed, trying not to be completely demoralized by the fact that this man, whom she had known for nearly four frickin’ months, had just called her by the wrong name.
Does his behaviour stop her from going back for "seconds?"..........Not in a million years!!!! Ooooh, she keeps going back for more and more abuse!!!!
 photo tumblr_m7uu0eXnsd1rry9ec_zpsw3kw7b3w.gif
No matter what verbal abuse he flings at her..........
“ “Are you coming on to me?” he hissed. “Wasn’t one night enough for you? If you want more than that, you need but say it. But don’t expect anything other than sex from me. Just because you’re Luc’s sister doesn’t automatically entitle you to more than that. Once we get this deal out of the way, we can fuck again if that’s what you want, but it will never be more than that. Entender? Understand?”
she continues to be a sucker for punishment!!!
 photo download 2_zpsh4ugmxto.jpg

There's no respect shown by either of them........
“Distasteful? Who the hell did she think she was? Better women than she would kill for the chance of a love affair with him . . . and why the hell was he even offended? She was nothing more than his employee. His very annoying and very temporary employee. So they’d had a little lapse in judgment. So what? Shit like that happened all the time. Not to him, but there was a first time for everything.
I couldn't understand how they could have any kind of relationship....in fact, I couldn't feel any chemistry between these two.

So, after their Tokyo trip, it's back home to Cape Town....and the sh#$$$t continues!!! Suddenly Cleopatra finds herself pregnant with Dante's baby...see, there's no safety in condoms!!! And when she tells him......OMG....his reaction is beyond appalling!!!
 photo tumblr_m809ifcCvP1qkb8l8o2_r1_500_zps4qorrkie.gif
But wait.....if his behaviour is inexcusable........then hers is even more so when she discusses her pregnant situation!! First, she thinks she might have an abortion...then wait...no, she will have the baby and give it up for adoption...some more wait...she feels the baby kick....and now....OOOOOOHHH...she wants the baby...she loves the baby!!!!
 photo idiot_zpskttunw8m.gif
By this time, I am totally "off" Cleopatra!!!
 photo download 1_zpsjahy1xfo.jpg
When we get to the part where "something" really not so good happens to these two.....
 photo download 3_zpsakjpqk1s.jpg
...where I should be feeling a bit sad and sorry for them.......where I should be showing some sympathy for their "loss".................what happens????
 photo 200_s_zpsuono01mr.gif
I found it really hard, excruciating and frustrating to finish reading this. Turning the last page.........at last...THE END!!!!
 photo Merthur_zpsdankjzkn.gif
I know there are a lot of other readers who liked this book...but for me....just missed the "mark". However, I am looking forward to reading another book by this author and hopefully is going to be a good one!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment