LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 28 January 2017

Review: A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2) by Julie James (Goodreads Author)

A Lot Like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)A Lot Like Love by Julie James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Lot Like Love is the first book I've read by this author, Julie James and I am definitely going to be reading more of her books in the future.

This was such a fabulous contemporary love story with a bit of suspense thrown in...........leaving me with a warm, fuzzy and good feeling!!!
 photo loving_feelings_zpsu3hlu3ly.gif
There were so many things I liked about this story......let me tell you a few of them!!

The two main characters.............such a great and engaging couple!!!
FBI agent Nick McCall..........what a hero!!! Sexy, yes!!Alpha, yes!! But not an overbearing ass.@@@@....I adored him.....open minded, caring......he's the kind of man I love..........
 photo 15085022._SY540__zpstfircsbm.jpg
Heiress and Businesswoman Jordan Rhodes....what a breath of fresh air she turned out to be. Not some neurotic and spoilt heiress but a funny, independent, hardworking, caring and down to earth person...she felt so real and I found her endearing and so engaging - and how could one not fall in love with her...
 photo download204_zpscxdz0z3q.jpg
I liked seeing their relationship and sexual tension building up and the chemistry was potent....and the sex scenes were pretty hot and well written.
The dialogue is fun and witty.....
“He raised an eyebrow. ‘Wine with cheese fries? No thanks.’
‘Wine with everything. Because wine means the responsible part of the day is over.’”
Some quirky and engaging secondary characters.....I especially loved Jordan's brother, Kyle.......what a hoot!!! Can't wait to read his own book!!

The writing is so good....flows beautifully making it such easy reading.

Fun plot....emphasis on romance more than suspense. Loved reading the parts about wine and the vineyards that Jordan and Nick visit in Napa Valley.....hell, I admit, I learnt a few things about wine!!!!
“Time for Wine Tasting 101.
“So here’s how this works. When tasting a wine, as opposed to casual drinking, there are four basic steps you need to remember: sight, smell, taste, then spit or swallow.”
Nick paused at that last part and cocked his head. “And your personal preference on the latter would be…?”
“Only lightweights spit.”
His right eye twitched.”
If you love contemporary romance that makes you "feel good"...then this is a book for you. I am definitely going to be checking out more books by Julie James.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment