LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 25 March 2012

REVIEW; Jewel in His Crown by Lynne Graham

Jewel in His Crown
I am not a fan of Mills & Boon sheik stories but I do like the author very much so decided to give this book a try. Just like all the other sheik authors, this was a plot used so many times....over and over again ....just change the character names/places and voila!!!!.....the gorgeous zillionaire sheik meets an ordinary English virgin, takes her away to his kingdom and fall in love.....and I wonder why suddenly so many of the authors are using pets as heroine appendages....I mean...a pet rabbit and now a cute dog!!!!!!

I kind of liked the hero, sheik Raja al Somari from Najar has to marry a princess from Ashru, the neighbouring country, to ensure peace between his and that country.....he’s an alpha male but he comes across positively in terms of his response to the heroine’s behaviour... (see more on this next...) not overbearing as most of sheik characters are....read....cruel, self-cantered, and egotistical before falling under the heroine’s spell!!!!!

Now, Ruby Sommerton, the discovered lost princess, is another story....talk about an immature, sulky and at times so idiotic I want to slap her!!!!! I mean from going to not wanting to do anything with the princess and marriage proposal because of what her father, the now dead sheik from Ashru, did to her poor mother and ignoring his child’s life, she then, after googling everything about her country is filled with a sudden conscience that she will now do everything possible to help in rebuilding her backward kingdom!!!!!! A 21 year old princess!!!!!!!!!

So many clichés.....I felt as if I had read this story before, just couldn’t remember their names!!!!!!!!!

It’s not a total horrible book....there are some parts that I liked but overall I have read much better books written by Lynne Graham. It’s definitely not on my favourite bookshelves, where I have most of the author’s books.

No comments:

Post a Comment