LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 24 March 2012

REVIEW: Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole

Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole Having just discovered Kresley Cole’s “Immortals after Dark” series, I have been searching for all the books in the series and so far have read 3, which I have really enjoyed. I am not a big fan of fantasy but the combination with paranormal romance works for me!!!! 
Kiss of the Demon King is the 7th book in the series and so far it’s not one of my favourites. 

The hero, Rydstrom, is the deposed King of the Kingdom of Rothkalina, a scarred, horned demon who is trying to get back his kingdom with the help of his brother and all those Valkyrien, crazy women...wow I adore Nix.....what a character......not sure if I am crazy about the horns these demons have....i try to block them out of my head when I read.....maybe I will get use to them in the future...but right now I would love..no horns...who knows he may cut them off like his brother did to please his wife, Holly who wants to live a normal life amongst humans...so cool!!!! 

On his way to meet his brother and find the only thing that will kill the evil Omort, who took over his kingdom and almost killed him, he’s captured by Sabine, the Sorceress of Illusions, the evil beauty who just happens to be Omort’s half-sister. This woman is a heroine beyond believe...beautiful, conniving, selfish, self-centred....I could go on and on ....but wait....why do I like her so much!!!!!!! But I did....because I saw the real Sabine..someone who has suffered so much in her lives...yes she dies and comes back a few times......not how she sees herself. 
After meeting each other...in a situation not to Rydstrom’s liking...of course not.....he realizes that she is the mate he has been waiting for the last 500 years. However, being a very upstanding, honest (unable to tell a lie we are told!!) demon he finds it hard to believe that such a person like Sabine could possibly be the right one!!!! 
What I most loved about this book was Sabine....I mean she wants to change the world Rydstrom has always known in his kingdom...away with boring and drab clothing.....it’s going to be bright coloured minis, laces, gold, gold and more gold (she is hooked and addicted to gold) 

The author’s world building is incredible....a world still in the dark ages and suddenly you “trance” to modern day New Orleans....makes it so much more real to me. Well real in a way...because this world is filled with so many crazy characters...fire demons, lykaens, witches, vampires, valkyrians and others that I can’t remember right now. 
The dialogue is stunning, humorous....found myself laughing out loud a few times.....how could one not when you read: 
Sabine gave a scoff, “I could be virtuous if I wanted to be.” 
In an incredulous tone, he said “You don’t know the meaning of virtue!” 
“Of course I do – it means your thong must be white.” 

There's a lot of action, violence and SEX....wewww...the two just couldn’t stop doing it....with each other, to each other.....i can’t remember when last i read a book that had so many pages of hot, steamy, sexy, hot sex..... 

Great ending......the last scenes are so cute....and of course funny...how could it not be when it’s about this gorgeous interesting woman. 

I am looking forward to read the other books....always surprised by the plots/characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment