LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 25 March 2012

REVIEW: Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon 
I'm a great fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter Series and have loved and hated …well that’s a harsh word…so let me say …did not like….some of the books I have read. Sins of the Night is definitely one of “the did not like it as much as the others” list. Not there were some things I did like about it but overall I was just not blown away by the story of Alexion (look the guy sounds pretty gorgeous…except that he’s some kind of shadow without a body…but lose that white coat….that really threw me….ugh…white coat…bad enough on a woman but on a man!!!!!) , Acheron’s (my most loved character in this series) right-hand  man and protector, who is sent to earth to sort out the problem of the Mississippi Dark Hunters,  where Stryker (Acheron’s evil arch enemy is stirring them up to revolt against Acheron, which could result in the end of the world!!! Alexion’s assignment is to determine which of the Dark Hunters are guilty or not and to be the jury and execute the betrayers…he’s the angel of death.
He meets up with Dangereus St Richards (I personally hated her name!!!), the first female Dark Hunter in the series, who cannot make up her mind to join the rebels or stay with Acheron. She quickly stays on the RIGHT side ….since she’s now totally besotted…sorry..in love with the “right side” Alexion that is!!!! I just could not engage with this character….French Revolution, aristocratic….even French words thrown in didn’t make me think she was even a tiny bit French!!!!!!

There’s a lot of action, fighting with some Dark Hunters being killed….the betrayers I mentioned above are given no second chance!!!! We meet one of two new characters which I am sure will appear in future books, but none of them really stood out for me.

By my comments so far, one would imagine that I hated reading this story!!!! Well, no. Not hated exactly….there were a few things I loved…..and here they are:

-the interaction between Acheron, Alexion (oh forgot…he’s real name is Ias) and Simi….my most most loved demon of all the paranormal series and books……it’s witty, sweet and so lovable.
-the scenes with Simi as the protector of the baby and Danger…fabulous…love the way she talks about Artemis……
-Acheron…..every word I read in all the books about him I love. He’s just the most amazing guy….so much feeling, depth, dark secrets…..i just wanted him to find his own true love (which I know he does because if you have read Acheron, then u will know that!!!!)

As I neared the last pages, I must admit I that Alexion and Danger had slowly grown on me and wished that this would be their HEA……shock…….yes they do but I hated the way it was made possible. A ghost, someone who was now bodiless……I wanted it to be a more happy ending…but hey they did find each other and live happily together for all eternity.

All in all it was a pleasant read, just one that didn’t grab me as much as some of the other books have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment