LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 27 November 2016

Review: This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas (Goodreads Author)

This Man (This Man, #1)This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3,5 stars

This Man is the 1st book in Jodi Ellen Malpas This Man Trilogy
I was impressed that this was her debut novel. Despite some qualms, I found myself drawn into the story. There were some parts that I enjoyed which made me continue reading, even when I became frustrated with some parts.

This Man Trilogy is the tale of sexy, controlling, enigmatic, mysterious Billionaire, Jesse Ward's obsession and pursuit of Ava O"Shea, gorgeous and talented interior designer, who he hires to do some work at his very secretive country estate'

Okay, I like rich, sexy alpha-males...but Jessa Ward takes alpha to a new level........totally OTT.........he becomes beyond obsessed with Ava......fixated really.........poor Ava just can't understand it.....he's too gorgeous for her!!!!
 photo mean-girls_zpsdsjarlzj.gif
I must own up that I kind of liked Jesse despite his secrets.......which there are so so many......and his "stalkingness"....he somehow gave off this "hug me" vibe, which I found quite endearing.

The major problem with this story was Ava!!!! I just could not understand Jesse's obsession. She can't make any decision....
 photo tumblr_n9szq60rOW1qj4315o1_500_zpsbickzm1n.gif
And if you think Jesse couldn't keep up........... photo tumblr_n7fbjwEQpO1spadc1o2_250_zpsk8oh9x95.gif... neither could I!!!

Between these two............I just wanted to kick their butts and beat their heads together.....seriously, it gave me a headache...........
 photo Eye-roll-Tina_zpskaw4v6d1.gif

And the sex.... photo tumblr_nb8szz2a9f1qmrg0eo4_r1_250_zpszc9i4tl1.gifand more sex.... photo tumblr_nb8szz2a9f1qmrg0eo7_r1_250_zpsxciabj95.gifIt just became repetitive after a while......and all that nonsense about Jesse's age!!! Please Ms Author, put Ava and me out of our misery!!!! I cannot continue to read about her obsession!!!!

Regardless of some of my peeves, I did end up with a morbid fascination for these two unlikely characters and being given the "twist" at the end, I am going to read the next book.

So, it wasn't one of my "loved" books but it wasn't that bad.....I did like it.

PS.....I have to insert the quote below....I had a laugh or two...is this for real!!!! Really!!! Do women still think this??????
“The modern man needs to catch on to the fact that women want to be treated as equals, but only when it suits us. the modern woman's fierce need for independence doesn't mean we want to pay for our half of a meal, or that we don't want a man to hold a door open for us. We still want to be looked after, but on our terms.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment