LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 28 November 2016

Review Leo by Mia Sheridan (Goodreads Author)

LeoLeo by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Leo is the debut novel by one of my favourite authors, Mia Sheridan. I've read a few that she has written after this one, which I have really liked, but this one...let me just add that I am in the minority here...didn't work for me. It failed to excite me.......
 photo raw_zpsx4yqhttj.gif
I'm going to try and keep my "rant" as short as possible.

The writing was nothing like the other books...it was just okay. No great quotes stood out to me!!!

There were so many things that glaringly reminded me of 50 Shades of Grey.....all that internal dialogue, the broken and dominant hero, the sweet and virginal heroine, etc, etc

So, the heroine is still at a virgin....she promised to wait for Leo, remember.......and then..........presto.............2 dates and she sleeps with the hero...who is not Leo!!!!

Can I do some eye exercises here please!!!!!
 photo housewives-roll_zpszklwjmzq.gif
I actually liked Evie, the heroine. She was a really sweet and likeable characters......but when she starts telling her besties and friends all of Leo's secrets and how much she loves him....blah blah..........I just couldn't believable that any sane person who do that, even if it's her very best best BFF...............

I couldn't engage with Jake, the hero.........his whole attitude was ...ooh I'm so great.........and quite honestly, I can't believe a guy that age would be running a company like he does!!! Oh, did you say he's like Mr Christian Grey????? Really!!! Guess there's a lot of hot hot very very rich very very young zillionaires out there that I am not aware of!!!Or not!!! Ummm
 photo tumblr_njo81xucYY1skolcto1_500_zps83qqxj2c.gif
Yes, some more eye exercises after this......

Evie sleeps with Jake....lots and lots and lots of times and she never never ever sees the ginormous tattoo on his back.........what, they just do the missionary position in the dark!!!! Seriously!!! And to test my intelligence further....Evie DOES NOT recognize Leo when she sees him after all those many years........come one...(view spoiler)
 photo Hermione_eye_roll_zps1vndilfg.gif
So when Evie discovers Jake's big secret - she's heartbroken for him...naturally!!! She's a sweet and loving and caring person.......and she's totally so understanding......really!!! The guy has slept his way through the years.....she's remained a virgin.........allright, so I can't exactly expect a person to keep their virginity in this day and age......but why can he be a slut and she has to be a virgin!!!!

Jake's sob story ..............I was like......
 photo tumblr_m6rcacOd7R1rxevt4o1_250_zpsft8gccl7.gif
Despite the disappointment, I am still going ahead and reading the remainder of MS books........and I can't wait.

As they say, you can't win them all..............

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment