LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Review: Breaking Her (Love is War, #2) by R.K. Lilley (Goodreads Author)

Breaking Her (Love is War, #2)Breaking Her by R.K. Lilley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

WHEW!This is me after going thru some hell of an angst fest!!!!
<>imgsrc= photo tumblr_inline_mod9rjvr8A1qz4rgp_zps89u2lctt.gif
Breaking Her is the 2nd book in R.K. Lilley's Love is War Duet. I loved the 1st book, Breaking Him https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... and I was so looking forward to the follow-up. I so wanted to like this one............but sadly I did not.

Dante & Scarlett's intense and shaky relationship continues in this book.....it's become even more intense...in fact, it's overflowing with over-the-top angst.........did I say angst????!!!YES!!!!
 photo tumblr_inline_mggylhlBG51rqpwzc_zps0jrgaszv.gif
Each encounter between these two seems to end in angry sex............turn page...angst....turn page....angst.....

Why the hell these two didn't just come out and say what they were thinking/feeling instead back and forward with all the internal doubts!!!!

Then the drama................the cliff-hanger we were left at the end of the 1st book is now revealed!!!
Again............drama....drama....drama............

Okay, Scarlett's secrets come out..............Dante's secrets come out.............but boy did it take a looooooooooong time for the revelations to come up!!! Big reveals......almost at the very end of the story!!!! In between I am kind of skimming a lot of the pages....why??? Because I am beyond confused...........what the heck is going on here!!! My head is spinning...the story moves from present to past to present again!!!! I just kept waiting for something monumental to happen...but just never does......
 photo giphy-395_zpsuq0ip9lr.gif
The whole plot was a bit unbelievable in some parts which added further to my addled reading brain state!!!! And some of the secondary characters......OMG!!! The most awful and unlikeable people ever............Dante's debauched father........his evil mother........Scarlett's traitorous friend, Farah....and then there's that really bad bad bad one........Tiffany........what a cow!!!! Well, there are a few nice ones...but somehow they just seemed to fade into the background......so, I'm off now....I need some fortitude after meeting up with these humans!!!!
 photo giphy_zpsw6tble8z.gif
Most people loved this book and in a way I understand their reasons...but for me....it was a case of between It Was Okay and I Liked It -------because I did like the Epilogue!!!!

And may I add........I am still a total R.K. Lilley fan!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment