LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 7 July 2016

Review: Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts (Goodreads Author)

Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2)Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Bay of Sighs is the 2nd book in Nora Roberts latest The Guardians Trilogy.
I was not impressed with the follow-up to book 1, Stars of Fortune.... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... which I loved.

Annika and Sawyer's story just dragged on most of the time....okay, the Isle of Capri setting...
 photo images_zpsxzmqhrns.jpg
...fabulous!!!

But....
all that training going on....and on....and on!!! All the mermaid and sex and penis jokes...........after a while....just got boring and more boring!! Even the evil goddess Nerezza became a drag!!

The mermaid Annika and time traveller Sawyer romance never felt real to me!!! There was something lacking between them!!!

The only parts I liked were about Annika
 photo 240_F_94408503_fjWH6zokj4oqOoryMG2Cp8pSybZncNL7_zpsvtfq71re.jpg

.......she was beyond adorable.........her love for shopping, bright baubles and table settings - totally endearing!!!

I felt disconnected with this story and what I am now looking forward to is Riley and Doyle's book.....hopefully it will be a "blast."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment