LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 1 April 2016

Review: A Forbidden Temptation by Anne Mather

A Forbidden TemptationA Forbidden Temptation by Anne Mather
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have been reading Anne Mather’s books for years and her latest, A Forbidden Temptation was a total disappointment for me.

I thought I was reading a story from the 70’s!!!! Okay, I loved reading books in that era then but if the plot is set in modern today, then I expect the characters to be in sync with the times……the heroine’s parents were like the perfect family from the 50’s!!!

Then the secret that the heroine has…………really!!! This happens to be 2016….and not 1970!!!! Her martyrdom and never standing up for herself made me so not like her!!!
Let’s move on to the hero….who’s a widower, living in the small remote village somewhere..wherever….and who talks to his dead wife’s ghost!!! Yes, a dash of paranormal here!!! The dialogue between him and the ghost just got on my nerves!!!!

Now, on to the romance aspect of this beyond boring story…………talk about a lack of chemistry between the hero/heroine!!! Of course, one could say the reason for that could be that these two are alone together for maybe….5 times….the other times, they are surrounded by the ghost, her parents, her horrible and obnoxious so called fiancée….and some of the locals from the village!!!
And maybe for the lack of dialogue ………….the pages dragged on and on and on…..with nothing exciting ever happening.

I forced myself to turn the pages….hoping something unexpected would happen……..but no!!!! It never did!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment