LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 21 February 2016

Review: Illicit Night with the Greek by Susanna Carr (Goodreads Author)

Illicit Night with the GreekIllicit Night with the Greek by Susanna Carr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Illicit Night with the Greek by Susanna Carr is the 15th book in the One Night with Consequences Series.

This was an emotionally moving and touchingly heartbreaking story.

Stergios Antoniou and his stepsister, Jodie Little share a very sad and heart rending past and meeting up again after not seeing each other for many years, brings the feelings they have for each other to surface again.

I detested Stergios at first – his behavior towards Jodie was so ruthless and despicable and abusive. How cold and heartless he was………… And how my heart cried for Jodie………..
“I trusted you but you took advantage of the love I have for you.” More tears spilled over her lashes. “You know my history. You know how miserable I was having no family connection, hating how I was forgotten and invisible. And yet you did the same to me as my parents.” – Jodie
Her uncaring parents – I shudder to think that anyone could ever have a father and mother like hers…….. who never showed or given her any love in her life……and all she wanted was to be part of a loving family. Heart- totally-breaking.
One of the things I liked about Jodie was that despite not ever having a loving family, she never gave up of finding and making one for herself.

What made this story believable for me was the complexity and build-up of the plot and the character development. Stergios and Jodie will have to overcome a lot of past and present issues before they are able to finding true happiness together……
“I choose you, Jodie.” He wrapped his arm around her waist and drew her closer.
“I can’t live without you. I don’t want to anymore.” His hand tightened in her hair. “I love you, Jodie.” - Stergios
Jodie and Stergios’s HEA is wrapped up in a really lovely epilogue.

A good addition to this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment