LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Review: Castelli's Virgin Widow by Caitlin Crews (Goodreads Author)

Castelli's Virgin WidowCastelli's Virgin Widow by Caitlin Crews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2,5 stars

Unwrapping The Castelli Secret, by Caitlin Crews ….my review https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
here……was Rafael Castelli’s book and CASTELLI’S VIRGIN WIDOW is the follow up of Luca Castelli, his younger brother’s story.

Wow!! The Castelli men really keep things in the family!!!! Rafael finds his HEA with his stepsister and now we have Luca making eyes at his ……..stepmother!!!!! And if I thought Rafael was an ass how he behaved towards Lily……hell, he was an “angel” compared to how Luca treats Kathryn, their father’s young….and I mean very young…she’s in her twenties and their father in his 80”s….(shades of Ann Nicole Smith and J Howard Marshall!!!!).

Luca is beyond furious when he discovers that in terms of his father’s will, he will have to work with the evil and gold digging stepmother!!! Horrors!!! He spends almost 80% of the book being a total bastard. He’s disrespectful, calls her a whore, and tries to sabotage her position in the family winery …..in between all of that, he finds himself attracted to her…..no, he’s not falling in love with her!!! He just wants to “bang” her….anyway, he doesn’t believe in love because???? No one has ever loved him!!!! Really!!!!!!

Kathryn was the only reason I finished this book. I found myself really liking her a lot. She stood up to Luca, had a backbone and even though she did slap Luca’s face once – she should have smacked it more times, I felt – she never lowered herself to his level. I liked her determination and grit……….just wish she had kicked her horrible mother’s butt sooner!!! Talk about a mother from hell!!!

As Luca begins to getting to know Kathryn, he thinks he may have been wrong about her…after all, she was a virgin and he was her “first” one!!!! But no, he reverts back to his “whorish” comments once again….on and on…..
“Kathryn….give this guy a miss, please! You’re too good for him.” I kept saying that over and over again!!!
But no, the girl is just too good!!! Me, I would have kick him out ……….let me tell you that there was no groveling on his part…..he kept making excuses for his loathsome behavior!!!! His arrogance!!!
His term of endearment for Kathryn is “cucciola mia”……my little doggie/puppy!! Kathryn is not crazy about it…..”I don’t think you have a choice!!!!” he tells her!!!!!

Luca Castelli has to be one of my least favorite heroes of the Mills & Boon books I have read!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment