LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 27 February 2016

Review: Awakened by Her Desert Captor by Abby Green (Goodreads Author)

Awakened by Her Desert CaptorAwakened by Her Desert Captor by Abby Green
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 star

I am beside myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 photo 979b16faffcc4b259ae907e9e9cec22e 1_zpsl8ydvnfx.gif
A first time that I just couldn’t get into a story written by Abby Green, my favorite Mills and Boon author!! How was this possible?

Now, I could say ..because I am not into desert sheik books….but hey, I’ve read some of those by her which I enjoyed, but her latest, Awakened by her Desert Captor was a total and I mean a total miss for me!!!!

A stripper/burlesque dancer and a desert sheik ostracized by his family, who are “into” each other the first time they meet. He’s due to marry her sister for society acceptance and she thinks he’s not right for that position.
She stops the wedding…..that was a pretty good part and that’s the only reason for the 2 star rating here!!!

Hero thinks heroine is a slut for dancing in scant clothes in some Paris club….Heroine thinks he’s a total loss!!!
He kidnaps her and takes her to his desert oasis tent where he plans to punish her….i.e. have loads of sex….and send her off on her way.

She does a couple of sexy dances for him inside the opulent tent, he discovers she’s……………no, no no spoiler here…..see, her boss, the club owner knew the heroine’s mother, who just happen to have been a burlesque dancer in her heyday and because he liked her mother allows the heroine to dance in the show without having to disrobe and show off her body in total!!!! Really!!!! Can I really believe this????
 photo Brown-Hair-Rapunzel-Devastated-Gif-In-Tangled_zpscu5haoyd.gif
I almost gave up before the ending…maybe I should have because the epilogue was beyond naff!!! The heroine’s sister’s secret revelation!!!! Made no sense to me at all!!!

Look, if you are a lover of desert sheikhs….you will probably like this one. But for me……..sorry my darling Abby Green……….I couldn’t love this one!!!

However, I am looking so forward to your next book!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment