LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 3 January 2016

Review: The Cost of the Forbidden by Carol Marinelli (Goodreads Author)

The Cost of the ForbiddenThe Cost of the Forbidden by Carol Marinelli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Carol Marinelli’s Irresistible Russian Tycoons Series is about four Russian orphans, who lived together in an orphanage and how their lives are connected to each other.
I enjoyed the 1st book in the series, The Price of His Redemption, https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... , and I was looking forward to the next story.

The Cost of the Forbidden is the 2nd novel and tells the story of Sev Derhavin, one of the 4 orphans.

His life is now very different from the time he spent in the orphanage. He has become a very wealthy and successful businessman and ruthless to boot! He does not allow any emotions of feelings touch his heart. Having been rejected as a child and never having experienced love and family in his life, he allows nothing to stand in his way of getting anything or anyone.

Naomi Johnson is trying to reconnect with the father who had disappeared from her life when she was a small child. She has also lacked a loving family in her life.
Hired as Sev’s PA, she soon realizes that her heart will be broken again by this man who shows no feelings whatsoever for any human being. But will she be able to walk away from him when she has such deep feelings for him.

I adored these two characters. They were so endearing and likeable.
 photo tumblr_mhedrq22TM1rpiesjo1_500_zpsbsd0pp4r.gif
There’s a lot of passion and chemistry between them and I enjoyed the way their relationship developed. I liked that there wasn’t all that OTT drama and darkness and angst….and the way they open up to each other. I also liked some of the quirkiness’s that these two had…..Sev and his coffees!!!! Sugar one day, no sugar the next…….it’s funny that in the beginning I thought…this guy is so just not for me….but as the story progressed…I actually found myself liking him a lot.

The epilogue left me with such a warm feeling…….
 photo O8m6tLnPQN_zpsrxyt7q9x.gif
This is turning out to be a really enjoyable series and looking forward to Book #3.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment