LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 10 January 2016

Review: After She's Gone by Lisa Jackson (Goodreads Author)

After She's GoneAfter She's Gone by Lisa Jackson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson was a bit of a disappointment for me.

The story starts off really well but one third of the way I was completely “bamboozled” by what was going on. There were so many characters and a lot of different POV’s that I lost track of who was who and what was what. And all those flashbacks and inner monologues just added to my confusion.

The main character, Cassie – I couldn’t get this woman. Her behavior was beyond bizarre and she kept doing the most unbelievable things…..so much so that I kept thinking that there was something off about her….like she was someone else and that I was being led along with all those may red herrings and when all was going to be revealed…it would be a shocker!!!
But no……….the revelation in the end was not a huge surprise because I had an idea who the baddies were very early in the story.

I couldn’t engage with any of the characters in this book.

The writing style didn’t feel like the other books written by this author. I skimmed over a lot of the pages….the story dragged and I felt it a bit too long for me.

The plot was so interesting but got bogged down by some of the things I mentioned above and too much repetition of same phrases over and over……

I have read most of this author’s books and she has remained one of my favorite romance/suspense authors but this latest offering was a letdown for me.

Oh, I did like the book cover!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment