LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 17 December 2015

Review: Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz (Goodreads Author)

Secret SistersSecret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Secret Sisters, the latest book by Jayne Ann Krentz but there were a few things that missed the WOW factor for me.

The story started off really well. Intriguing and mysterious!!! Something that happened 18 years ago in the rather scary Cooper Island that has since remained a secret between the people involved.

But halfway through the book I kept thinking……are these people for real!!! Look, don’t get me wrong………I actually kept turning the pages and read it in one go…….but …yes, another but…..the characters didn’t feel real to me. All their problems and baggage….Hell, I just wanted to tell Madeleine & Jack to get their shit together and just do it!!!! Instead, they pussyfooted around each other most of the time.

A huge amount of red herrings… we get to know the evil and rich local family with their eyes set on political power and their sociopath son………just when I had the villain in sight…….no….wrong!!! In fact, I was wrong a lot of the time….because when the true villain is exposed……WOW!!!! Never expected that.

One of the things that I liked was Abe, Jack’s brother and partner and Daphne, Madeleine’s “secret sister”. They were such a cute and adorable couple.

This was a solid and…yes….despite all my “gripes”, a rather enjoyable romantic story filled with suspense, secrets and loads of baddies!!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment