LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 31 December 2015

Review: The Bone Bed (Kay Scarpetta, #20) by Patricia Cornwell (Goodreads Author)

The Bone Bed (Kay Scarpetta, #20)The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Why do I continue with this series???? Since book #10, it’s been downhill for me!!! Yet I keep hoping that just maybe the next one will be a great return.

The Bone Bed, the 20th novel in Patricia Cornwell’s Kay Scarpetta Series was one of the most disappointing books in the series. Is it just me that finds the author’s writing style in the latest books different from the first ones? I don’t like the writing in this book at all!!!

I had no idea what was going on from page 1 to the end. What began with something that happened in Canada was soon left behind as other things and dead bodies happened in Kay’s hometown of Boston. There were so many characters and subplots that made no sense to me. I struggled to find any connections between Kay’s court appearance, recovering bodies from the river, etc etc etc.

In between, Lucy makes a very fast and short appearance…after a blink of my eye…she was gone again. Marino continues being a total weirdo …..always making disparaging remarks about Kay and Benton…moaning and whining……he’s like a different character from the one I first met in book #1.

Info on causes of death, people out to get Kay and Marino, it seems!! Benton….another quickie appearance and still as remote……….
Hell, these secondary characters which I had come to like seem more cardboard now than ever. Kay’s inner dialogue and monologues take up more pages than anything else. What is going on with one of my favorite characters???

I lost interest …..forgot who was killed, or was the killer, who was doing what. In fact, when the villain/killer is finally revealed…yes, in the last few pages….I couldn’t remember who he/she was and if he/she had made an appearance in the story before.

I am not exactly going to give up on this series but I am so wishing something exciting will come next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment