LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Review: Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1) by J.R. Ward (Goodreads Author)

Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy, #1)Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 photo giphy-4_zpslviueu7e.gif
I’m thrilled and excited…………The Black Dagger Brotherhood world is back!!!!!
Thank you….. photo 708e8afc82d6f57dd092f65bffa492c8_zpsdlexuct0.jpg
Since the 1st book I read in your incredibly amazing BDB Series…..I have been hooked, addicted, obsessed, possessed, passionate…damn…..there are not enough words to describe how much I feel about the world and characters that you have created…………..you now have a fan in me for life…..
 photo tumblr_m3v37ea9kL1r7krif_zpsqbbbgp9m.gif
Why did I ever doubt that you would be able to continue that BDB magic?

Okay, let me just write down my thoughts and feelings about Blood Kiss, the 1st book in the Black Dagger Legacy Series, the spinoff of the original BDB Series.

I’m not going into the storyline here….by now, all the BDB fans and others know it….so, let’s get to what I loved about the story.

What a brilliant move! Not only do we connect with the brothers and their shellans that we have come to adore – bonus…. but we are now introduced to the new warrior recruits wanting to join the BIG TEAM!!!

And even when we have glimpses of past favorites, the storyline is told by only 4 different POV’s……..Craeg & Paradise (new recruits) and Butch and Marissa!! The focus is on these two couples which is really great….giving the readers an in depth look into these characters and their relationships.

The first couple….Craeg and Paradise, were really sweet and endearing. Paradise, glymera royalty, daughter of Wrath’s First Advisor and Craeg, a commoner. When the two meet during their training, more than sparks fly. Both feel a deep connection with each other and Craeg tries to fight his feelings for her because he believes he’s not good enough for someone like her. But Paradise wants more from the life that has been mapped out for her….
 photo 462e62dc66237125da40cd2498205f1e_zpsnxpazaob.jpg

The more Craeg fights the feelings he has for Paradise, the more she pushes him…..I loved that their relationship wasn’t one of those insta-love things…..it grew with time and with both struggling to overcome the obstacles that faced them….
 photo Kissing-couple-portrait.1-440x294_zpswsllq3hy.jpg
I adored Paradise…never mind that I thought her name was a bit “naff”…..she had strength and determination to do something worthwhile with her life, she had focus, and she was caring and looked out for the underdog. I loved her grit, willpower and her purpose to wanting something more than just being a spoilt and cosseted member of the glymera.
And the fact that she was not afraid to kick Craeg’s butt…….when he continued with his “I’m not good enough for you” shit….you go girl!!
 photo unnamed_zpsfaytjyvj.jpg
I liked these two as a couple. I found them very engaging and endearing…..although…yes, there is one of those…..I wanted a bit more zing, more heat when they gave in to those emotions…you know what I mean….okay, the encounters were a bit….let’s just said…I wanted to feel the HEAT we have become familiar with of the BDB couples. Nevertheless, I enjoyed their moments together….
 photo tumblr_lvujq3NDkd1qcxrpgo1_500_zpsqxwar8ek.gif
Now, onto Butch and Marissa…….
Butch is still a lovable character…still loves his designer wardrobe, which he doesn’t mind sharing with Craeg, who doesn’t have a wardrobe at all!!! He still kicks ass. He continues his connection and funny interaction with Vishous and he’s still totally over everything in love with his princess…Marissa. He still sees her as this Madonna…..in that high pedestal.
Their relationship is still strong but there are a few cracks that show up here. Their love for each other is really beautiful….
 photo c6fca27971c2a726461591737c6fb991_zpsjtofac7a.jpg

Marissa has truly grown and become a really strong person. She wants Butch to see the real her instead of the person he’s placed on a pedestal. I grew to love her even more….how she dealt with her estranged brother, Havers, how she dealt with the death of an unknown woman in the Safe House and how she’s coming out of her repressed shell….

My all time favorite scene in this book………the girls night….what a time the shellans had together watching…..yes, wait for it…MAGIC MIKE XX3
 photo magic-mike-5_zpsncdqqp4c.gif
And the guys waiting outside the room……..discussing what the girls were doing? I was rolling on the floor…laughing my head off….
 photo 61ed924805553bfc2f5a7c6350128db8_zpstqm49gsv.gif
Oh, that’s Butch chasing Marissa after the movie!!!!
Loved the 1st training exercise that the brothers devised for the new recruits!!! Whew….action, unexpected surprises…..totally wicked….and of course Lassiter had a part in it too…
I love this angel!!! Please can we get his story SOON?????

The mystery serial killer subplot??? Yeah….a bit weak!!!! That’s probably the only “peeve” I have!!!

I so liked this book…….and I can’t wait for some more!!!

SOON!!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment