LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 26 November 2015

Review: Relatively Famous (Famous, #1) by Heather C. Leigh (Goodreads Author)

Relatively Famous (Famous, #1)Relatively Famous by Heather C. Leigh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Relatively Famous is the 1st book I’ve read by this author, Heather Leigh.

The series was recommended by one of my GR friends and being the Hollywood junkie that I am, I couldn’t resist!

I enjoyed the story but there was something about it that didn’t make me feel….WOW!!!

The heroine, Sydney is the daughter of a Hollywood movie power couple, who have being “abandoned” …check..divorce….by her father disappears to NYC to live her life away from all the glitz and glamour and where no one knows who she is. She’s not interested in relationships and casual and infrequent one night stands suit her just fine.

She meets a sexy and gorgeous man, Drew Forrester, who she falls for. He has something that just grabs her.

The two have loads of sex….jeez…and I mean loads and loads….they are attracted……..even though they are both keeping BIG secrets from each other. Big big problems await these two!!!!!

Okay, so what did I like about this story?

I adored Drew Forrester. He was a really nice and caring guy, despite being such a huge superstar. He never pushed Sydney, he was never overbearing, demanding and arrogant. Of course, he was also beyond gorgeous and sexy and famous and very rich…private planes, private island, private villas……….hell, I wanted him for myself!!
”I trust you. If you say you’re not upset, then I’ll let it go for now. Just understand that I won’t let anything or anyone hurt you, not even me.”

SWOON…SWOON…SWOON………..
 photo 861a2f8fc6e6fccafb947259eefed94a_zpsmlh15aur.gif
I liked Drew’s private driver…he was such a sweet man.
“Okay, I guess I do need a little help.” He opens the door for me and as I pass through he smiles, “I’m Bruce by the way.” I can’t help but smile back. “Sydney. Nice to meet you Bruce. Thanks for taking pity on me and my inability to stay upright.” “It happens”
Sydney’s BFF, Leah. She had a craziness and sweetness about her that was really endearing. The shopping trips she did with Sydney were a total laugh a minute. Designer name dropping? Check!!! I hope that she will have her own book in the future.

One of the things I liked about Sydney was her intelligence, talent and independence. And she did show a joie de vivre at times that made her appealing.

I liked Sydney’s mother a lot…even if she didn’t have a huge part in this story. She’s interesting and looking forward to more of her.

Loved the exotic locations…NYC, Hollywood and the Caribbean.

What irritated me:

Are you telling me that someone with a Hollywood past, living in NYC, has never owned a TV, read a newspaper or magazine…..what does she read????......knows nothing about movies or movie stars!!!! I found that very unbelievable. Was Sydney living in a cocoon!!!!

How Sydney could not get over her past and move on. Hell, a lot of people go through what she did but they don’t moan and whinge about it…but get on with their lives. I kept wanting to shake her and get over it. In the beginning I just couldn’t engage with Sydney but thankful she turned out a bit better than I was expecting.

I wanted a bit more dialogue.

The ending left us with some questions about Sydney’s relationship with her father and I am also looking forward to where Drew and Sydney will find themselves next.

An enjoyable read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment