LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 29 October 2015

Review: Fear the Dark (Bishop/SCU Novel, A) by Kay Hooper

Fear the Dark (Bishop/SCU Novel, A)Fear the Dark by Kay Hooper
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1,5 stars
Fear the Dark is the 16th novel in Kay Hooper’s Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Series and I’ve read and enjoyed most of the books in the series but the latest addition was not one of those that I liked…in fact, I didn’t like it at all.

Cardboard characters which I did not find at all relatable. I felt I knew none of them by the end of the story. There was so much explaining and giving you details about everything supernatural and somehow nothing about the actual plot…okay, I think I’m confusing even myself but let me just give a few examples…..
”Are you saying we don’t?” She was curious rather than confused.
 photo 87775-lemme-splain-gif-Inigo-Montoya-5iEI_zpszmbwuceu.gif

Oh, I see!!! I get it….
”Then how was Jonah – how were you both, I guess, able to home in on her like that?”
 photo for let me explain_zpsso9ymifw.gif
Right, I got that too!!!

Allright, nothing I’ve written so far makes no sense to you or does it? Okay, I’m going to give you a short breakdown about the story…yes, I’m going to do my own ….
 photo 2871530-5915085526-tumbl_zps6fwi2xlw.gif
Weird things are happening in the small town of Serenity. People have gone missing under very strange circumstances.

The local Police Chief Jonah Riggs contacts the Special Crimes Unit people for help…and soon 4 agents arrive to assist him in solving the baffling mystery.
The story is more plot than character and I would have liked to feel more connected to the characters, which I didn’t feel at all.
All the pages of explaining the supernatural things drove me crazy and after a while I just skipped all the pnr info.

And romance….what romance!!!!

And really, when the villain is revealed and the reasons given for why he committed the crimes just felt a bit unreal and unbelievable.

There are a lot of readers who liked this book, but for me ….just didn’t get to me!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment