LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 29 August 2015

Review: Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy

Sugar Baby BeautifulSugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What did I think about Sugar Baby Beautiful after turning the last page?
 photo tumblr_n19ictXkwo1tq4of6o1_500_zpsh4kzra4g.gif
This is the 2nd book I have read by this author – the 1st being Ruthless People, which I did not like at all…but maybe, just maybe, after this one…I may give RP another chance!!! Because right now I am pretty astounded how much Sugar Baby Beautiful grabbed me….right from Page 1 until the very end.

Before you think this is a story about a rich billionaire meeting a poor waitress, fall in love and go off into the sunset…stop right there!!! It’s much more complex than that.

Felicity Harper is a beautiful, caring, lonely and hard-working person, holding three jobs to pay the bills. This may be Hollywood, but she’s not into the material and glitter things in life – friendship and love are more important to her.

She agrees, after much persuasion by her two best friends and roommates to go with them to a Sugar Babies party! She’s a bit hesitant, especially as Tom and Cleo give her a bit of a background about these parties…
“First myth about being a sugar baby: all the people you hook up with are old, rich and white. This, my friend, is a lie we tell to keep the community small. If everyone knew there were studs looking for women and men to pamper and screw, we’d be in the hunger games.”
My first thought was….are there such things as Sugar Babies or is this something the author has dreamed up?? Boy, was I surprised when I went “googling”! Yes, there is, truly. In fact, I found an article or two about these happenings…
Masquerade Ball brings together Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies….and their wallets. The Sugar Baby and Sugar Daddy Summit was held in Manhattan last week.
Digging deeper into my investigation…..wow…is this for real….
On the website, a sugar daddy is described as "a successful and generous man who is willing to pamper and offer financial help or gifts to a young person in return for friendship and companionship," while a sugar baby is "an attractive, ambitious and goal oriented individual who has a lot to offer."
Real indeed!!!

Anyway, Felicity decision was made primarily for the opportunity to maybe meet someone she can connect with….not that she’s interested in becoming anyone’s Sugar Baby!!!

Theodore Darcy, millionaire, movie producer, sexy, gorgeous and Hollywood’s golden boy agrees to his brother using his mansion to hold a Sugar Babies party. He’s not interested in attending.

Felicity is so not into the party and soon begins walking around the villa and on opening one door, comes across a piano. She’s mesmerized and sitting down, fills the room with the most haunting and beautiful music…..and that’s the first glimpse Theo gets of her….
You were like a vision in white, yet you only had eyes for my piano. You gravitated to it, dropped everything in your hands, stepped out of your heels, and gave yourself over to it. You played with your back arched, eyes closed, and mouth ajar. I thought, “If she’s this passionate with music, how passionate would she be in my bed? How much could I make her back arch? Would her lips part for me? Would her eyes open as I buried myself in her?”

 photo b5d6e5e96bde1570674b84c30fb34f75_zpszdcb1evi.jpg
Felicity’s first look at Theo blows her away. She feels attracted, connected….
 photo fd5d57697131e1f1fab8f3c02bf57dee_zpsl1bakzpv.jpg
The instant chemistry between the two grows into something more, despite both agreeing that this would be a sexual relationship and nothing else. They feel a mutual bond – so much in common and as their friendship develops they realize that they may be able to help each other overcome their demons.

I adored Theo – there was something inside him that made me want him to find happiness….and the care and patience he showed Felicity was so extraordinary…
 photo ece9963525b717def4f612cb971f52f7_zpsctkav6ak.jpg
Felicity was a character I totally engaged with….she’s the kind of woman I would love to have as a BFF. She’s fun, passionate, loving, caring and brave….what she’s endured in her life is beyond belief!!

The relationship between Theo and Felicity felt so real…there was nothing phony or weird about it. I believed in their feelings for each other.
 photo 42e139c0057b0c98c1e7055ea4c63ca2_zpsdjoitfd5.jpg
Both have some darkness in their past…but never what I was expecting!!!! We have this twist….and I’m thinking…right, I love Theo even more…because his love for Felicity was deep and unconditional…
 photo a49abcc112ffecd22b06e1a661d6cf6f_zpsg0iowznj.jpg
And just as I was wondering how everything would work out…WHAM!!! Talk about a turn after the twist!!!

I must admit that I felt pretty sad after the “turn” was revealed!! Pretty heartbreaking, gut-wrenching moments….I could feel the pain, see the tears in Felicity’s eyes…
 photo download201_zpsdamts1nc.jpg
The unconditional love Theo had for Felicity did it for me. He’s one of those men that you hope to meet someday…someone who doesn’t give up when things go wrong or when the world around you is falling apart….he doesn’t run away….
 photo large_zpsatdwwxpf.gif
This is a story about love, loss, pain, passion, lies, betrayals, friendship and so much more….what unconditional and true love can do….
 photo love_conquers_all_zpswhcri0rq.gif

Loved the author’s voice, her writing, her character and plot development, great dialogue, beautifully written sex scenes and awesome and vivid imagery.
And I loved the book title……
"Sugar Baby Beautiful. I'd like to think it means the kind of beauty even the richest people can't buy."-Felicity
Totally stunning book!! And written by someone who is only 21 years old!! That’s incredible…that’s so beyond WOW!!!! What a talent!!!!

What are you waiting for??? Get this book right now!!! It’s a definite reread and keeper for me!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment