LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 30 April 2015

Review: Where Sea Meets Sky by Karina Halle

Where Sea Meets SkyWhere Sea Meets Sky by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had absolutely no idea what to expect from Karina Halle’s latest book, Where Sea meets Sky, knowing only that it’s linked to Love In English, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... which I loved, and is the story Vera’s brother, who made a small appearance in her book.
What a fabulous surprise!!! I absolutely loved Josh’s book!!!

There have been a lot of mixed reviews about this book so I am not going to go into the storyline but rather write down what made me feel so delighted as I turned the pages.

Josh Miles – what an unforgettable character. He had something special, something that made you want to meet him.
 photo perry-tten-cover_zps87gptfrw.jpg
The choices he made in his life…not afraid of the outcome but looking forward to what the world could offer him…
 photo download_zpsojwmgbfo.jpg

“I believe,” I say slowly, “that everyone you meet leaves an imprint on you. By the end of your life, that imprint has shaped who you are and what life you’ve lived.”

Gemma Henare was an interesting character. At first I was unsure of how I felt about her. Her indecisiveness and all that angst…..but as things are revealed about her life, I began to see something inside her that made me warm up to her.
 photo 6220ea6e080bc24dee897b8568b0af4f_zpsci4yejnq.jpg

The secondary characters are eccentric, interesting and entertaining…like Gemma’s family, who you can’t help engaging with.

Then there’s the road trip you are taken on through New Zealand with Josh, Gemma, Gemma’s asshole boyfriend and her cousin……………what an extraordinary journey!!!
 photo New-Zealand_zpsva0u5qxp.jpg
Karina Halle’s past as a travel writer clearly shows in the amazing and vivid way she describes the country, that makes you physically think you are there.

Karina Halle’s poetic and lyrical writing flows so beautifully, taking you to another place, meeting new people and at the end, leaving you with a feeling of just experiencing someone new and fabulous.
 photo WSMS-australia-ts-700x475_zpsm1tpyc5c.jpg
Here are just some quotes from the story that I loved –
 photo WSMSwith-you-smaller-ts-700x882_zpseyzck6ez.jpg
 photo WSMS-more-than-this-ts-700x700_zpsdu6ip5oj.jpg
A story and characters that are unforgettable
 photo WSMS-teaser_zpsydkrmx2s.jpg
This is a book I will be reading again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment