LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 21 March 2015

Review: Rule Breaker: 29th Novel of the Breeds by Lora Leigh

Rule Breaker: A Novel of the BreedsRule Breaker: A Novel of the Breeds by Lora Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars
I have read every book in what is one of my favorite series and I look forward to going back to the Breeds World that the author has created.

Rule Breaker is the 29th book in the series….quite an amazing feat to still get readers excited about each book that is released.

The main characters in this story are lion breed Rule Breaker. who has been around for a long time in the series. He and his brother, Lawe (who has found his mate and HEA in the 26th book, Lawe’s Justice) work as Jonas Wyatt’s enforcers. And Gypsy Rum McQuade, who was traumatized by her abduction and torture by coyotes when she was fifteen before being rescued by the Breeds.
Rule is determined never to accept a mate and mating heat due to what he as a child, when his mother and her mate were horribly tortured and killed.
 photo DelRey_zpsn6bxsy81.jpg

Gypsy is now working undercover for a secret organization named Unknowns, whose mission is to protect the Breeds.
 photo images_zpsgv5th1h2.jpg

My thoughts:
Wow, there’s a lot happening in this story. So many characters, so many subplots that had my head spinning. At times I lost the “plot” …who was who and what were they actually doing!!!
Whilst Rule & Gypsy (talk about wacky and weird names…Gypsy Rum and her sister Kandy Sweet!!!!!) are fighting each other off…he is adamant she’s not his mate…because his glands are telling him so…yes, his brother tells him she is…but no Rule says no way!!! Gypsy is doing the “not going there” thing with Rule, whilst feeling a little twinge of betrayal by not admitting her role in the Breeds world….and boy does she know how to lie…even when poor Rule can “smell” her deceit!!!! Yes, these Breeds have an awesome sense of smell!!!
 photo images 1_zpss2mocp8f.jpg

In between we have Dane, Jona’s South African half-brother, and Dog, the unknown coyote up to some shenanigans involving the Unknowns…..still have no clue what they role is in there.

Most of the story centers on Amber, Jona’s daughter who was injected with some powerful and dangerous drug and who is trying to find a cure. It seems Gideon and Judd…check out previous books…have the secret to saving Amber.

I enjoyed meeting up with previous characters and seeing how their lives are progressing…..even though it was a brief glimpse. I would have liked a bit more about them.
Instead we have pages and pages and sex and mating heat between Rule & Gypsy, which I must admit didn’t do much for me…..it was the same thing over and over and over again….. I would have preferred some of these pages to be dedicated to more interesting and exciting things….like what is the Unknowns, what is Dane plotting???
I would love if Dane, Dog, Cassie (loved her very brief brief appearance here), Gideon’s stories.

I was happy that Rule & Gypsy found their HEA….but I wasn’t crazy about some of the aspects of this story…it felt a bit too long drawn in some way.

But as usual, my interest in this amazing Breed World will keep me waiting eagerly for the next installment.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment