LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 29 March 2015

Review: Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8) by Chloe Neill

Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)Biting Bad by Chloe Neill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took a while for me to really get into this series but I am happy that I didn’t give up!!
Right now, I am loving the Chicagoland Vampires world that’s filled with some of the most quirky, original and funny characters ever….and a very unforgettable, classy and sexy vampire named Ethan Sullivan!!!!
 photo images202_zpsn3myhocx.jpg
“I’m rarely good, Merit. But I’m often spectacular.”
I want Ethan as my boyfriend!!! Please make me a vampire!!!!
 photo tumblr_n8b6krxoVI1qhsxkzo1_250_zps7jwfadhu.jpg
And not forgetting the memorable Merit!! Yes!! I own up!!! From finding her very irritating in the first books, she has developed into the most unexpected sword-wielding kick-ass, funny, loyal, sexy and delightful food lover black leather-clad vampire ever!
 photo d95e652f52bbc6dd7ed90ee2633900d3_zpsn1lzov2o.jpg

Book #8 begins with Merit and Mallory trying to repair their friendship after the bad fall-out of Mallory’s dabble into black magic. During their dinner, they are attacked by an anti-vampire mob, which may be linked to the supernatural’s biggest enemy,
McKetrick.
In the midst of this, Cadogan House has been declared an outcast and enemy of the GP, who declares that no other vampire House may have anything to do with them.
But Ethan Sullivan is no wimp!!! He comes to the aid of Grey House, after it’s been attacked by human mobs and offers them help, regardless of the consequences.

I enjoyed learning more about Grey House and its members. Also Merit is getting more involved with the RG and Jonah.

Apart from a prophecy by Gabriel, the Apex shifters leader about Ethan and Merit, which we are left hanging in the air about……most of the problems in this story are resolved by the end of the book.

The character development is really good. The more I get to know them the more I like and engage with them and their lives.
They are so real and I can relate to their everyday lives…..they don’t fly around and bite humans….they feel almost human with a few differences.

Also I really like the way Ethan & Merit’s relationship is going.
‘Sentinel, you are always the most beautiful woman in the room, irrespective of what you’re wearing. And most especially and preferably when you’re wearing nothing at all.”
I particularly loved the scene where they go a family dinner at Merit’s parent’s home. The dialogue was so funny and cute.
“Sentinel, you are always the most beautiful woman in the room, irrespective of what you're wearing. And most especially and preferably when you're wearing nothing at all.”


Speaking about dialogue……….it’s absolutely fabulous. Not only between Ethan and Merit…which has a grin on my face most of the time….but the secondary characters. Luc & Lacey, Mallory & Catcher, Jeff……….
“Hey, better than the real thing,” I said. “What do you even do with a chimera?”

“What wouldn’t you do with a chimera?” Jeff asked. “They’re like the Swiss Army knife of animals.”

“Party in the front, business in the back,” Catcher agreed.

That earned a snort and laugh from me. “Any animal that can be compared to a mullet is a good animal in my book.”
Chicago is really brought to life in the way the author writes about. I feel as if I am getting a city tour and becoming familiar with places, roads, freeways, buildings.
 photo 9de0dc14f51ef50341d820496d2de20e_zpsgema6tzk.jpg


This has become a really refreshing and enjoyable paranormal romance with shades of urban fantasy series for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment