LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 6 December 2014

Review: Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6) by J.R. Ward

Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)Immortal by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The final book in the Fallen Angels Series…and it so failed to impress me!!!! Everything comes together in this book…all tied up at last….and it so felt a bit flat for me!!! I really struggled to get through it…

This has not my favorite series by JR WARD…that title belongs to the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series….however there were some books that I did like… but mostly it’s been a bit of a hit and miss!!.

Here are some of my thoughts on this “fallen angels finale”:
 photo Legion-1_zps242260ac.jpg


1. I really liked Jim Heron, the savior of good, in the first two or three books, but my liking began to wan by the time he became so obsessed with Sissy that nothing else mattered top him….I was and still am unable to get “it”…they just don’t feel “right” to me!!! He’s suppose to feel so much for her and he still “does” it with evil Devina…oh yes, he has to do it to save the world…PLEEEEEZZZZ……and he’s even prepared to give one of his souls to her!!!!! Really!!!!! Even knowing that Devina is totally beyond besotted with him!!!! Totally weird!!!

2. Sissy…she just seemed too young and immature!!!! I just could not connect with her.

3. Adrian and all those archangels…they just got on my nerves…they were so “precious” and maddening..all those tea parties in heaven…..and an angel committing suicide!!!! What!!!!!

4. The romance between Jim & Sissy was so tepid!!!!

5. The Purgatory thingies…..yawn yawn yawn!!!!

6. The big Jim Heron revelation……..it didn’t make sense to me…..

What I loved was Devina!!!!!
What a surprise…right???? She’s supposedly the ultimate evilness…but you know what???? She never pretended to be anything else – she’s beyond OCD…check….
loves shoes,  photo tumblr_morbbxP9bg1s82kx9o1_r5_500_zpsmx02rl1u.gif
famous labels – wow, is there brand dropping or not? Chanel lipsticks and she’s totally obsessed with Jim Heron…her Achilles heel!!!!Still???? And here I believed it was her home possessions!!!!! I kind of saw something good under all her evilness!!!!! I would love to see her and Lassiter……getting together!!!! Maybe he’s the one to save her soul!!!!!!

Her therapist appointments made my day……… and my heart went to her as she cried her eyes out……..
 photo tumblr_m7u3ryBO5M1qh01r8o1_400_zpsqizrourx.gif
and to see her lose everything…okay, she did manage to keep 1 shoe...why not let her keep both???? Damn cruel.....
 photo f98437a67e77729606918ae90a741459_zpsa04f65b2.jpg


If you’ve read the previous books in this series, then you should read this one….even though it left me a bit in the air…..was everything resolved or not????

I guess we will not be seeing the end of some of the characters in this series….who knows, they might just make an appearance in future Black Dagger Brotherhood books!!! Yes, please….Devina??????


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment