LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 27 October 2014

Review: The Golem of Hollywood by Jonathan Kellerman, Jesse Kellerman

The Golem of HollywoodThe Golem of Hollywood by Jonathan Kellerman
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

 photo images1_zpsf280c1fe.jpg

Is this book really written by Jonathan Kellerman that writes the fantastic Alex Delaware Series? Let me check…yes, that’s what is says on the cover…he wrote this with his son, Jesse Kellerman.
Perhaps that’s the reason that The Golem of Hollywood is my LEAST liked book written by JK!!!

What a bizarre plot..no, wait…two plots interwoven into one story!! An alcoholic burnt-out detective given the task of solving a serial killer’s murders in LALA land and Asham, sister of Cain & Abel…are they the C & A from the bible????? Geez…still haven’t figured it out!!!
I did not care about any of the characters…too may twisted and evil and not so nice…...i tried really hard to like Jacob Lev…hell with a father like his….believe me dad is not a nice guy….just check out what secrets he has and what he did to his family that contributed a LOT to the kind of guy Jacob turned into……and just when I had a little warm buzz, Jacob shows himself to be such an idiot!!!
The plot didn’t work for me…from Jacob to Asham…back to Jacob and then to golems…..my head was spinning…and not in a good way!!!

So, a contemporary crime/thriller/serial killer mixed with paranormal/golems……hey, you confused!! At the end of this rather weird and really boring book…I was like
 photo images2_zps0d04ea93.jpg


The epilogue ….hated it…..and hated some of the characters even more when all is revealed!! Well, not all exactly because it felt like to me that there will be more of Jacob & Mia!!!!! Am I interested in that????

I think I’ll wait for the next Alex Delaware book instead!!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment