LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 27 October 2014

Review: The 9th Girl (Kovac and Liska #4) by Tami Hoag

The 9th Girl (Kovac and Liska #4)The 9th Girl by Tami Hoag
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

#4 in the Sam Kovak & Nikki Liska series The 9th Girl is such a sad and shocking story.

Detectives Sam Kovak & Nikki Liska follow a trail of smoke and mirrors after a body of a young girl is thrown out of the trunk of a moving car that may be the latest victim of a serial killer, who has eluded capture for some years, named “Doc Holiday”

Characters well-developed and realistic. Liska’s home-life with her kids felt so real to me. How to deal with her young sons on an everyday basis….trying to be a good mother…questioning if she was doing the right thing for them.

The one character that pulled me in completely was Penelope Gray, the victim of the most horrific, cruel, intense and brutal death and the pain she suffered most of her life. Her loneliness, hopelessness, her cry for help that no one did anything about. Heart-rending.

Great dialogue – especially between Kovak & Liska – they have a lovely chemistry and really good connection.

The plot was good, though a slow start soon picked up pace that had me turning the pages wanting to find out who killed Penny Gray.

When the murderer is revealed at the end, I was…beyond SHOCKED and HORRIFIED. I surprise I NEVER expected.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment