LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 29 September 2014

Review: The Collector by Nora Roberts

The CollectorThe Collector by Nora Roberts
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

 photo tumblr_lz9ljfgH9I1r3zat8_zpse55e2f2c.gif

Whew, for a moment there I thought I was right – but no, I am not!!! Thinking that this book had been written by some other author!!!! Crazy right???? But as a more than rabid fan of NORA ROBERTS, from reading her first book many years ago, I have become very familiar with her writing style, plots, characters, etc….and for me, THE COLLECTOR just did not make me feel or think it could possibly be a NR book.

By Chapter Two……it was like….WHAT AM I READING? Checked, and yes, it’s the right book…..but why am I not getting into the story…okay, I did skim a page or two, but I couldn’t help myself….because I just couldn’t stop.. photo tumblr_m9hcztnugj1r6b9ayo1_500_zps2f855276.gif….

there must be a mistake…. photo images2_zpsb693f69c.jpgI’ve never yawned or skimmed pages with other NR’s books….yes…EVER!!!! /NEVER!!!!
Where is the suspenseful, exciting, kept on edge of your seat, well-developed, great subplots that tie in so well and an ending that leaves you satisfied plot?
Where are the unique, believable, memorable and well-developed characters?
Where is the original and intriguing writing and natural, flowing dialogue?
These are just a few things that we expect and get from a NR novel.
Well, those few things are not here in this boring book.
Yes, for me….. photo tumblr_n617geFnxG1rfduvxo1_400_zps7152dec5.gif
The plot is somewhat a rehash of a well-used formula, totally unbelievable and unrealistic, dragging through the most implausible situations.
Lila Emerson, professional house-sitter to the well-heeled crowd and an up and coming author of YA werewolves pnr books, witnesses a woman being pushed out of a window that she had been “spying” on..oops, sorry she does it her books research….with binoculars.
She meets Ashton Archer, gorgeous, sexy, zillionaire artist, who happens to be one of the victim’s brother, at the police station -
They get together to solve the crimes because the cops are not doing their job. Yes, the two take on the dangerous and evil villain, who is labeled HAG….Hot Asian Girl…I kid you not!! They embark on the trail of stolen Faberge Eggs and despite the dangers they face, they manage to “sail” over all the difficulties until they SOLVE the crime and get the BAD GUYS!!!
 photo duh_zps4dbd7678.gif
And the sub-plot of the romance between the two secondary characters is just beyond OTT!!!!
The characters are so uninteresting, boring and bland. Lila and her best friend (not going to give things away but how these two connected and became friends…………unreal…unreal!))))) love shopping, shoes, perfume…yes all those things we all think about!!!!!She house-sits because she’s an army brat and likes to move around and also doesn’t do commitment or forever……She knows out to get people to talk to her – for her research of course – because she’s kind and sweet..but wait she’s also fearless and independent….
Ashton Archer, famous artist, not gorgeous at first but soon turns out to be abso gorgeous, caring for for his beyond dysfunctional family…..he has 13 siblings….yes truly. He lives in an awesome place, paints Lila and uses one of the two family’s PRIVATE jets…..And falls in love, true love for the first time with the feisty and so tedious Lila.
The writing is lackluster with some appalling dialogue ever….

After much skimming and skipping, finally arrived at THE END….by then I had made my decision..
 photo baby-nap_zps996eeec7.gif
But before I do that - Here’s to closing my eyes and making a wish that the next book by my fav author will be totally awesome!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment