LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 19 May 2014

Review: Eternally North (Eternally North, #1) by Tillie Cole

Eternally North (Eternally North, #1)Eternally North by Tillie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew from the time I opened page 1 of Eternally North, by Tillie Cole, that I was just going to love this book!!!!
And I was absolutely right…..this book……………
 photo absolutely_fabulous_001_zps2e559036.gif
So what’s this well-written, hilarious, entertaining and sweet story all about? Apart from the insane English wit and beyond quirky characters………..
“This is the whistle-stop memoir of how a lower-middle-class girl from the north of England one day changed the way she lived her life and set off on a bumpy path that ultimately led her to her own slice of the happily-ever-after pie.”

 photo f48c63ae2c3703e1a1ae31e00c1fc333_zps32b5884d.jpg

I fell in love with Natasha Munro – how could anyone not….she’s such an endearing character…
I’m a twenty-eight-year-old high school teacher from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in England – well, a farm just on the outskirts of town – and I’d class myself as fun with a bubbly personality, and before you ask, n – that’s not code for me being ugly, but heck, I ain’t no Cindy Crawford either! But I am fab-u-lous and totally know how to work it!

I am not fat by any means, but I am not skinny or slender either – I like to think I’m a whole lot of va-va-voom tied up in a coke-shaped bottle.


Okay, so Natasha catches her “boring” boyfriend in bed with a bimbetto, runs off to cry on her BFF’s shoulder…….John aka Tinkerbelle aka Tinks…….
Eternally North by Tillie Cole photo images17_zps3e40e441.jpg

oh I want a BFF like him. Believe me, this is one hell of a true friend and totally totally LOVABLE…and he definitely has better taste in hats than….you know who!!!! photo images5_zpsfc6c263a.jpg

So, after many drinks and tears….both friends fly off to a new life in Canada…….and what delightful adventures they have. Love, happiness, laughs…………the whole “enchilada”…..

Natasha finds her HERO…..a famous movie star, no less….how lucky can a girl get!!!!!!
Tudor North……how more cooler can a hero have such a name??????? He’s mysterious and gorgeous….he has to be….he’s the hero here…
Eternally North by Tillie Cole photo images11_zpsabd86265.jpg

So, this guy blows hot and cold, hides a BIG secret from our fav girl, Natasha……but this just helps their relationship grow and grow…..and yes, of course they have a HEA together………this is after all, a romantic love story…well, with a bit of angst, tears and some serious tribulations along the way…but LOVE always sorts out those problems…right!!!!! And hey…..Natasha says it all……..
“I am addicted. I, Natasha Munro, am a Tudaholic.”

There are two scenes that stand out for me………will I ever forget what “onesies” are?? Natasha & Tinks, getting comfortable to watch movies, when Tudor comes visiting, with his adorable assistant, Tate…who Tink has eyes for………
 photo images_zps1100048c.jpg photo 1113041454513_500X500_zps5615b354.jpg
And the scene, where Natasha and Tinks go roller-skating on “black ice”…….OMG…..my tummy ached from so much laughing……………

The writing and the dialogue is totally WICKED….that’s amazing in England English to those of you who are not au fait with the Queen’s language!!!!!!!!!!
“I know what you’re thinking: surely these two amazing kids were in the popular crowd? But alas, John was as bent as a butcher’s meat hook, and I was as fat as a pig.”

“If there’s a sure-fire way to stop the awe of meeting a celeb, it was for them to be a complete and utter twat.”

“I don't know what bothered me more: the ménage a trios invitation or the fact that Little Miss Twig had continued slowly grinding on my soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend’s dick like a Black and Decker drill bit whilst he explained”

 photo piglet_zps336ca2fb.jpg

I want to end this review by saying…..Tillie Cole…
 photo images8_zps872f5ffc.jpg
for introducing me to two of the most endearing, lovable and unforgettable characters – NATASHA MUNRO & TINKS!!!
And yes, Tudor, Natasha does bring sunshine into people’s lives….
 photo unnamed_zps2f420137.jpg

So, what are you waiting for????? Get this book now and be prepared to be enchanted!!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment