LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Review: Crash Into Me (Heart Of Stone, #1) by K.M. Scott

Crash Into Me (Heart Of Stone, #1)Crash Into Me by K.M. Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My first thought……yet another book about a mysterious billionaire, who meets a sweet and innocent woman, mesmerizes her and gets her to sign a contract to be with him. Sounds familiar, right?? Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to You and a lot of more with similar plots. But wait…..why was I so into the story within reading the first couple of pages?

No one can deny that plots are constantly done over and over again but what made this story unique and fresh were the characters. Tristan Stone may be a sexy and dark millionaire like Christian Grey and we could see something of Anastasia in Nina Edwards.
However, the author brings another perspective to the “same old story”. We get to see a different view on how the characters act in similar situations.

I found Nina very engaging…she’s had a few tragedies and disappointments in the past, struggling to find her place in the world, feelings of insecurity, too trusting at times – and then she has this spark in her that you can’t help wanting her around you.

Tristan Stone – how cool is that name!!!!!!!!! And never mind that he’s this mysterious, powerful and mesmerizing and gorgeous too. And totally irresistible.

“But what made Tristan stunning were those deep, soulful eyes. Warm brown eyes the shade of melted milk chocolate I could have spent the rest of time getting lost in.”
I did find Tristan’s behavior a bit odd at times…well, most of the times. All the secret phone calls, totally “zoning” out on Nina…hot and cold!!! He hurts her so many times but he does redeem himself….I could understand why Nina can’t stay away….
“The way he was made me crazy. Crazy for him. Crazy because of him. Fucking crazy. He's left this morning without a word or even a gentle brush of his hand against mine to say goodbye, and he's returned wanting nothing but me. What was with this guy? How did he do it? I could barely keep my hands off him, and there were times he stood close enough to touch me and never did. It was maddening. And I loved it.”


There was something dark and mysterious about Tristan but what made him grab me was the kindness, the caring and loving he showed for Nina. Nina brings something pure and beautiful into his life – opening up his heart and feelings he had shut off.
We never really get into Tristan’s head as the story is told from Nina’s POV, except for the epilogue, where it changes to his. I would have loved to see what his thoughts where, see a different side of him. Why he could be so cold and then the opposite. We do get to see the softer side to him as his relationship with Nina develops, which just blew me away.

Sexy, sensual, steamy and hot scenes……….
 photo CIMpic6_zps820c3427.jpg

Fabulous settings….America, Venice… photo 95c57d7e164f52429aee6076cb033951_zpse184d65d.jpg

I don’t want to get too much into the plot – avoiding all those spoilers – but I did realize that there was more to Tristan’s meeting with Nina…just never guessed exactly what, which made it a total surprise for me. In fact, nothing what I was expecting.
As secrets are revealed, will it destroy the love they have?

What a great start to a new series and I am looking forward to the next chapter in Tristan & Nina’s life.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment