LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 22 December 2013

Review: Love, Sex, Repeat by Alessandra Torre

Sex Love RepeatSex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Nothing about this book was what I expecting!!!! The incredible writing, the fresh and new spin on a ménage storyline, the setting and fantastic and endearing characters…..what can I say but that…………..
 photo tumblr_m8brl3r3dM1rt8781o1_500_zpsedb21045.gif

From the opening pages………..

I love two men. I screw two men. I am in a relationship with them both, and they are both aware there is another. That is all they need to know, that is all I let them know. They don’t need to know a name; they don’t need to know anything, but that they are not alone in my heart.


To meeting the 3 main characters:

Madison
 photo 83c2b2bdbd9bd575b86fa8f5cf4264a2_zpsbd1e9bf0.jpg

I wasn’t prepared to feel such a connection with her . Here’s this woman that is not only beautiful on the outside but inside as well. She’s warm, loving, caring (the one scene with her stepfather was really poignant), and lives her life on her own terms, never wanting to cause pain or hurt to anyone. How could I possibly not like her…..totally understood why both men had such intense feelings for her.

I hate society's notion that there is something wrong with sex. Something wrong with a woman who loves sex.


Paul
 photo 170147-800w_zpsb04acbb8.jpg

A young, sexy and gorgeous professional surfer, living in Venice beach, is laid back and cares only, apart from Madison, for finding and conquering the next big wave in his life.
 photo giphy11_zpsfe2bcde5.gif

Can I be honest and admit that I fell in love with this warm and loving guy. I felt that he truly loved Madison and was prepared to do anything to make her happy –agreeing to her “outlandish” proposition and even if it meant giving her up to Stewart if that was what she chose.

Stewart
 photo images2_zpse27756e9.jpg


Powerful, wealthy, sexy, dominant male, totally dedicated to his job and immersed in his work, which Madison is fitted into the little free time he has in his life. He’s totally obsessed and in love with her, physically and emotionally and he realizes that he’s not fulfilling all her needs. So he proposes that she find another man who will give her what he cannot…..more time with her.
Whilst I did have a soft spot for him, I did think the love he had for Madison was not strong enough should there be anything that would disrupt his life. Of course, the issues in his past had a lot to do with his emotional psyche, which come back with a bang!!!

"The three of us. Living two separate relationships. I get that you don't understand. That you wonder how someone could possibly be aroused, turned on by the thought of something so forbidden. But often, it is the forbidden that is the hottest, and the depraved that is the most arousing."


Two amazing men, both intense, each giving Madison what she thinks she needs in her life.
Paul loves me with unconditional warmth, his affection public and obvious, his arms pulling me into his warmth, his mouth littering my body with frequent kisses.

 photo tumblr_mxx4ilvBXE1rz2cbjo1_1280_zps8d08fb3e.gif

Stewart loves me with a tiger’s intensity, his need taking my breath away, his confidence in our relationship strong enough to not be bothered by the presence of another man. He stares into my soul as if he owns it, and shows his love with money, sex, and rare moments of time.

 photo -wow-Love-between-Woman-et-Man-kiss-hug-Photography-art-breast-vintage-Hmmm-_25D0_2594_25D0_25B5_25D0_25B2_25D1_2583_25D1_25_zps87bceed5.jpg

“God.... he whispers. “You are my fucking kryptonite.” He leans down pressing soft kisses on my hair and forehead, his hand releasing me and cradling my face, turning it up to his, and kissing my fully and deeply on the lips. “I love you Madison. For everything.”


The twist…..the first one, I was like WOW…………I didn’t see that coming!!! And just when I thought…okay, we have this HEA…..which just by the way, I absolutely LOVED….I’m thrown an epilogue that I can’t even describe in words how much it stunned me…..NOW…THAT I NEVER EXPECTED!!!!

Sorry, but I can’t help it….I loved the writing style and can’t stop with some more of my fav quotes:
‘I was, and still am, a dramatic rider. I believe that there’s no point in doing something if you aren’t going to do it with all of your heart.’

‘I love her. She knows it. I don’t hide the fact. But I don’t think she knows how much I love her. How much my chest expands to a point of pain when she smiles. How I ache when I leave her, how my hands shake when I finally get to touch her again. She is everything I don’t deserve, and everything I could ever hope to attain.’


If you want a beautifully and thoughtfully written story about passion, love with a fantastic, provocative and clever story line, then read this.

It’s an addictive read believe me!!!!!

I can’t wait to read more books from this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment