LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Thursday 4 October 2012

REVIEW: The Scientist and the Supermodel by TARA LAIN

I have discovered a new, exciting fabulous genre........erotica, menage, m/m.....wow some fabulous reads.
This is the first book in a series I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT *******
THIS IS A 5* STORY!!!

The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1)SynopsisGeneticist Jake Martin has brilliant scientific vision, but he’s blind to his own nature. Despite his flagging interest in women and his past experience with a man, he’s convinced himself he’d be happy if he could just have his older boss, Emmaline Silvay, as his lover. Living in his closeted dream world, he’s unprepared for the powerful attraction he experiences to supermodel Roan Black, “the most beautiful man in the world.”

Jake can’t resist the gorgeous, androgynous creature. Who could? he thinks. But Roan refuses to accept him until Jake admits that it’s a man he wants and this man in particular. Jake tells himself it’s just sex, but his refusal to understand what he really needs threatens the best chance at happiness he’s ever had. 

I have just discovered m/m romance books – I am an absolute lover of romance and I had thought I would enjoy this genre as much as I do. Saying that, I have to admit that some of the books I have read so far I have loved and some not that much, reason being that a lot of them follow the same formula like:

-straight man suddenly discovers he’s attracted to me and does everything possible to fight it or hide it
-gay man acting macho to hide his gayness from the world and the guy he’s now hot for and thinks he has no chance because he’s straight
-they fight off the attraction until suddenly straight man realizes he’s now gay, discovers they guy he’s been attracted to is gay and they get it together, lots of times even in scenes that have nothing to do with that point of the story
-they have their HEA

I have been wondering if I would ever find a story where the plot, whilst having conflict, angst and obstacles, the main focus would be on the romantic journey of the two persons. And The Scientist and the Supermodel, by Tara Lain, is, for me, one of those books. And yes, it may not be a total m/m romance so some readers – there is a ménage scene between the protagonists and a woman, it’s Jake and Roan’s story of their relationship.

I could not put this book down. I was enthralled and captivated by these two men, who I fell totally in love with from the first time I met them. 
The gorgeous and brilliant Jake Martin, a scientist geek who has never come to terms about his sexuality and OMG…Roan Black, beautiful, sensitive and sweet supermodel!!!!!!!! The chemistry between the two is explosive, tender, sweet and so so romantic!!!!

I adored the side characters – Jake’s family…totally amazing parents, so accepting and loving. His brother Cal..what a hoot…loved him too. And Roan’s “family”…fabulous characterization.

Tara Lain captured it so beautifully – acceptance of who you are and finally finding the courage to go with what you feel in your heart in this warm, uplifting and sweet love story that leaves you with such a good feeling for a long long time.

I SO DID NOT WANT THIS BOOK TO END!!!!!

This is the first book I have read from this author and I cannot wait to read the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment