LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 13 February 2012

REVIEW: SECRETS OF BELLA TERRA by CHRISTINA DODD

Secrets of Bella Terra by Christina DoddThe first book I read written by this author was Scent of Darkness which I really enjoyed. 
So when I saw Secrets of Bella Terra at my local bookshop, I bought it without even reading the blurb on the back cover. 

I realized afterwards that this book is the first of the Scarlet Deception Series so I was happy I was going to read the series from the beginning and also I absolutely love reading family sagas. 

By chapter 3 I wasn’t sure if I liked the book…..slow start but I was soon engrossed in the plot and characters and the gorgeous settings. 
Rafe di Luca, sexy, gorgeous and bad body is the brother who broke from the family tradition of continuing the di Luca dynasty in the California vineyards and Brooke Petersson, who has been close to the family since her schooldays.
The two had been friends and then lovers but Rafe had broken her heart when he disappeared after she had refused to follow him on his world travels. 
Sarah, Rafe’s grandmother is attacked in her home and he returns to Bella Valley to be with her and to solve the mystery of her attack. 
Brooke is at first not too happy about his return even though she has never stopped loving him despite the shabby way he had treated her before. 
Rafe is unable to keep away from her and he realizes he still has deep feelings for her and fights his desire to stay in Bella Valley with Brooke. 

I love the di Luca’s family dynamism…the relationship between the 3 brothers– Rafe, Noah and Eli is really fabulous….love the interaction and dialogue between them. Also the love they have for their grandmother. I also adored Rafe’s mother….Francesca the ultimate Italian movie goddess, multiple marriages…..her scenes are so funny and touching….Rafe’s love for her shows in the way he handles her. 
The big mystery is about a very special, rare and valuable bottle of wine which had been given to the di Luca family over 50 years ago and which the rival winemaker Bianchi family feel should belong to them and are determined by whatever ways and means to get the bottle, which has been hidden and no one has any idea where. 

I must admit I was a bit disappointed when the mystery of the murders and attacks and vandalism was revealed. I couldn’t quite believe that person was capable of being behind such an organized plot…..having said that I enjoyed the scene when the whole plot is discovered by Brooke!!! 
But the love scenes between Rafe and Brooke quickly made up for this. Wow….talk about a hot, sexy, hot, gorgeous man who knows how to get his woman turned on!!!!! 
Emotional, sensual, sexy, hot, steamy…..the scene in the shower!!!!! Whewwwww…..I stopped breathing for a while. 

Finally what else can I add????? I will definitely read the next book in the trilogy and more of this author’s books. I like her easy and fresh writing style

No comments:

Post a Comment