LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 5 February 2012

REVIEW: A HUNGER LIKE NO OTHER by KRESLEY COLE

A Hunger Like No OtherTalk about a rollercoaster ride!!!!


This is the first book I have read by Kresley Cole and I liked, well loved A Hunger Like No Other.!!!! I like her writing style a lot – fresh, easy to read, words just flowing from page to page. Love scenes are hot, hot!!!! This is the story of Lachlain, the Lykean King, who finally finds his true life mate - Emmaline, a half-vampire/valkyrie.

The Prologue is absolutely amazing…..heart-stopping suspense. Lachlain escaping from the Paris catacombs where he has been held prisoner for hundreds of years by an evil Vampire makes you want to continue reading until you get to the last page….where you sigh wishing there were more pages..

Emmaline is the coolest vampire/valkyrie ever….love her style and look…..a sexy, sassy, hip and beyond gorgeous…..she’s my favorite female vampire right now!!!!! Sorry Bella!!!!!!!. How can Lachlain ever think he will be able to overcome his desire for her!!!!! No chance. He’s hooked!!!

Great plot filled with many twists and turns, loads of  incredible characters (believe me there are a lot of them in this book )whose interaction between each other is really quite amazing  ….the sexual built-up between the H/H is scorching hot…..you think…finally they are going to do it!!...and POW!!!!…no not this time!!!!!

A world filled with vampires, demons, valkyries, witches, demons, ghouls, and many others. There’s romance, action, suspense and wit that you can’t wait to turn the next page to find out what happens next.

Some of the dialogue had me shrieking with laughter…..check it out…...

Emma – “How old?”
Lachlain – Roughly twelve hundred years.”
She gasped. “Do you know what “robbing the cradle” means? I am almost seventy one. This skeeves me out!”



She mumbled, "Liquid goes into my mouth, whereby I swallow it."

She answered, "No, you could say it's very authentic vintage."



"I'm the foster mother who's going to annihilate you if you don't send her home right now.

Bowe raised his eyebrows, demonstrating the most emotion Lachlain had seen from him since his mate had left him. "A vampire queen? Fate must hate you." More examination while Lachlain scowled. "Her ears are pointed?"

If you want a funny, sexy, steamy, hot paranormal romance, then go and get the book right now!!!! I promise you will enjoy the ride!!!!!

I finished reading this book in two days….and immediately tried to get the next in the series……unlucky me ….haven’t managed to find a copy…but will keep on trying…..cause I am now a KC fan and want to read the whole series.

No comments:

Post a Comment