LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 26 February 2012

REVIEW: Claimed by the Rogue Billionaire by Trish Wylie



I was so excited when I discovered the “new” book by Trish Wylie, who just happens to be one of my favorite Mills & Boon’s authors that I didn’t even look at the title. Imagine my surprise when I began reading the first page that this was a reprint of the 2008 “Claimed by the Rogue Billionaire” which I had read before. I am not sure why Mills & Boon have come out with this book only in 2011!!!!! Odd but I can't find the cover of mills & boon edition anywhere!!!!
Anyway, I read it again and enjoyed it such as much as I did the first time.
It’s kind of a follow up to His Mistress: His Terms (the story of Ashling’s brother, Alex and Merrow – which I absolutely adored!!!).
Who is unable to resist a man like Gabe!!!! He’s devastatingly sexy, arrogant…yes of course like all those alpha males…..
Ashling is the spirited wild child of the Fitzgerald family (Gabe’s mother had worked as a housekeeper for the family) that had fled to France after causing a minor scandal and is now back home, wanting desperately for people to see how she has changed and no longer the person she had been before.
After eight years, Gabe and Ashling meet up again at a party being held at the Fitzgerald’s fabulous home. But this time, Gabe is no longer just the housekeeper’s son. He has worked himself up to becoming a billionaire….a playboy one at that!!!! Though both believe that they hate each other – he thinks she’s a spoilt and selfish person and she thinks he’s just as arrogant as she remembers. But they are unable to disguise the mutual attraction they feel for each other.
There is a lot of angst, secrets, misunderstandings, painful memories to overcome and most of all – the saying that “you should think before you say the words….you can never erase them afterwards” is so true in the story.
Gabe is unable to forget Ashling’s cruel words and actions towards him when they were younger – being judged by his position and how status in the upper rich set,  and he is determined to get her into his bed – not for anything else but revenge.

The chemistry between the two is sizzling hot even when they try to hide their feelings for each other.
Eventually they work through it all and discover true happiness together. Both coming home together!!!
 i mean I could I not love Gabe....this is the guy Trish Wylie used as an inspiration. Wow!!! Hot Hot Hot!!!!!
and this was her inspiration for Ashling....just as I pictured her!!!!!!
I love Trish Wylie’s writing. Her characters are so believable and so incredibly interesting.

Now, when is her new book coming out????? It’s been too long without her stories???????

No comments:

Post a Comment