LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 29 October 2011

Penmarric by Susan Howatch

Penmarric (Paperback)
I love family sagas and Susan Howatch has written some amazing books about feuding families, intrigue, greed and complicated love and I discovered her writing when I first read this book years ago. 
An enthralling story that spans 3 generations of the Casttallack and how their obsession with owning Penmarric, a mansion situated in the stark and beautiful area of Cornwall, causes the family to be divided for ever. 
The characters are great and liked the way the story is told through the different members of the family. 
I have read this book a few times and when I read it again I enjoyed it just as much. 
I will probably read it again someday. It’s that kind of book 

No comments:

Post a Comment