LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review: The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, #6) by Amanda Quick

The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society, #6)The Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven’t read this series in reading order…but having read most of the contemporary ones, which I have really enjoyed, I decided to read the ones I missed….even though I am not a great lover of historical romance.

But I am so surprised by how much I am enjoying the books set in the Victorian Era, which begins with book #1, Second Sight https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... The author’s vivid imagery brings living in that era to life - You are transported to Victorian London……
 photo victorian-couple-at-night-lee-avison_zpso4p21tze.jpg

One of the things I like in this series is how the heroines are portrayed. These are independent, talented and smart women who are not afraid to face danger and adventure.

The Perfect Poison is the 6th book in Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle’s (yes, I am also confused by the three names used by one author!!!!) Arcane Society Series.

Lucinda Bromley is a botanist and member of the Arcane Society and has the psychic gift for detecting poisons. When she’s wrongly suspected of poisoning her fiancé, she seeks the help of fellow Arcane Society member Caleb Jones, who was introduced in Second Sight.
 photo Maggie-Gyllenhaal-and-Hugh-Dancy-in-Hysteria_featured_photo_gallery_zpsthnegbup.jpg
This is their story.

Great and well-paced plot. Interesting and likeable characters. Romance. Suspense. Murder. Paranormal. Twists and turns and a great and many surprises.
And loved discovering how the Jones & Jones Investigations began.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment