LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Friday 6 March 2015

Review: Unteachable by Leah Raeder

UnteachableUnteachable by Leah Raeder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

”Somewhere in the universe, two hearts reached out and connected.

Opening line…
When you're eighteen, there's fuck-all to do in a Southern Illinois summer but eat fried pickles, drink PBR tallboys you stole from your mom, and ride the Tilt-a-Whirl till you hurl. Which is exactly what I was doing the night I met Him.

 photo 45895-sheldon-mind-blown-gif-FLgC_zps5tdc6hen.gif
This is the best book I have read in 2015!!!
 photo giphy_zpsste4srby.gif
It wasn’t just the fantastic storyline…..the love affair between a teacher and a student….
 photo tumblr_miahd8n0kZ1s5rmrwo1_500_zpsdymqz3nj.gif… it wasn’t just the incredible first pages…
 photo 864125_zps2q8epbkq.jpg
, it wasn’t just the most beautiful , the most lyrical writing ever…
”and that made my heart ache, too. The thought of how much happiness lay scattered across the universe, unrealized in fragments, waiting for the right twist of fate to bring it together.”
, it wasn’t just the intense chemistry, passion and emotional connection between Maisie & Evan…
Evan telling Maisie
”You’re the first. You’re the first of so many things.”

and Maisie…..
”The world is new when I’m with you.”
…..
 photo 1407556c1bfc9d503a3b4c90ceda0405_zpstxg4xbmk.jpg

it’s all those things that have stayed with me ….but most of all, what made this book UNFORGETABLE for me, was Maisie!!! Evan was so right when he said….
 photo 462436_1276101556492_full_zpszesz6ppg.jpg

What an incredible and compelling and admirable character. There was so much about her that I loved. The sad and horrible upbringing she has endured doesn’t stop her from following her dreams. She goes after what she wants. She’s strong; she’s honest and not afraid to own up to her actions.
 photo 11d7110c5c49d622ab8af1b43c1e2d23_zpscmwp1avt.jpg
Mature and at the same time naive. A compelling journey of a young and broken girl finding herself.

"I can't hold on to you. You're like that shooting star. Just a trail of fire in my hands."
I connected with her and loved seeing her trying to find herself and what she wanted to do with her life.

I so wanted things to work out for Maisie & Evan…I had to hold myself back from sneaking a peep at the last page….
 photo tumblr_inline_njzjs2TMKz1r702nz_zpsvffrpfvs.gif
…well, the ending was totally unexpected!!!! But I was happy how the story wrapped up….

This is a book that will stay with me for a very long time and it’s one of those that I will definitely read again and again.

I can’t recommend this book enough for anyone who loves a beautifully written love story.

It’s incredible that this is the author’s debut novel!! I can’t wait to read more by her.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment