LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Monday 12 March 2012

REVIEW: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1)After having Sin Undone sent to my ‘to read shelf” a few months ago, I finally opened the book and wow…from the 1st page to the last, I was totally and irreversibly hooked!!!!

I was over the moon!!!! I found the first two books of this series and immediately started reading Pleasure Unbound, the 1st book of Larissa Ione’s Demonica (how cool is the name!!) Series.
I was in heaven!!!! I devoured the pages non-stop until the last page. I was utterly captivated by everything…the story…of a world like no other… the characters…demons, werewolves, humans, ghouls….the  erotic and sexual tension, the hot and steamy sex scenes, the non-stop action…..leaving me breathless at times….the pace of the story…unbelievable….the plot…awesome. The author builds a world so believable ….engaging you with the characters ….where there’s good and evil in all of us….
In a way, I was reminded of my other favorite JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series….same gorgeous, sexy, dark, wicked, super alpha males but with one difference that I like….the women in this series are not “arm candy” and are not pushed aside so the men are the main focus but are just as sexy, gorgeous and strong and are not scared to kick ass and stand up for what they believe in.

Tayla Mancuso is a sexy (red leather and lace!!!) strong demon slayer working for The Aegis, a council of humans who are bent on destroying all demons. She relies on no one except herself and sees the world as black and white….all demons are evil and must be destroyed is her belief!!! She is injured during a fight with demons and is taken to a secret hospital run by demons.
She is treated by Eidolon, the demon doctor who together with his two brothers founded the Underworld General Hospital (UGH….I love this!!!) that treat the demon world.
Eidelon is a beyond gorgeous, dedicated, loyal and conscientious demon and  a total follower of the Hippocratic  Oath who  is stunned to  discover that Tayla is a slayer …demons biggest enemies….and a half-demon as well (this is a big shock to Tayla, who refuses to believe this).  Is it possible that she’s involved in the latest kidnapping of demons whose organs are being harvested and sold.
Despite all the mistrust between them, they are unable to fight the mutual HOT attraction and I mean HOT…..their sexual encounters are absolutely intense, steamy, scorching hot and there are a lot of them!!!!!  They go through a load of obstacles before they finally get together and have their HEA.

I love the side characters…..Gem, a demon with a secret which is revealed at the end and it’s a great and nice surprise…near the end which was a great  surprise, Kynan, the human aegis slayer and of course…Eidelon’s brothers….Shade and Wraith….these men are something else. Unforgettable characters that you want to know more about in the next books.

This is a book I greatly recommend to any lover of paranormal romance and more….
Oh and finally…what a fantastic surprise to discover that Larissa Ione is one of the writers of another FAVOURITE series – Acro Series (a fabulous and great series).

I am now starting book 2 of this series….can’t wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment