LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Review: Love In English by Karina Halle

Love, In EnglishLove, In English by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Intoxicating!!! Unique!!! Special!!!
Love in English by Karina Halle photo images9_zps1fc9ee00.jpg
I have been unable to get this book out of my head since I finished the last word…and the beauty of the writing by this author ……just extraordinary, just astonishing!
“What is love? In English.”
I raised my brows. “Love, in English, is love?”
“What is it in Spanish?”
I was so enthralled by his hypnotic eyes, I could barely remember. “Amore?”
He shook his head ever so slightly. “No. Love in Spanish is you.”

Vera Miles arrives in Spain to take up a summer job. Spending a few weeks teaching conversational English to Spanish business people and enjoying the free room and meals, meeting new people sounds like an experience from heaven. She does all that but what she never expected was to fall in love.

Mateo, a businessman from Madrid, is gorgeous, sexy and married. But he finds himself being drawn towards a woman he never imagined would be someone he could connect with. His unhappy in his marriage, he and his wife have grown apart and the only thing that is still keeping them together, is their daughter. He never imagined that he could find that something he had lost for years, again.
“You can fall in love in a second,” she said with a snap of her fingers. “The heart has no regard for time.”
The subject of cheating with a married man is certainly not something I like reading about. But what is incredible is how the author handled the “taboo “so well. What stood out for me was the emotional connection they had from the beginning and how they battled to not give in to the deep feelings and love that slowly grew to a point that they could no longer resist giving in to something that was meant to be.
Love in English by Karina Halle photo LIE_zpsb2cb828a.jpg
You feel their love, their pain, their uncertainty, their heartbreak. Her characters are unforgettable. You become emotionally involved with them from the very beginning.
Vera Miles has a place in my heart. Beautiful, dreamer, tattooed and pierced, lonely and somewhat lost…afraid to love…..
You are lonely, but you say you like to be alone.”
I nodded. “I do. I prefer it. But… it doesn’t mean I don’t want someone to love me.” My eyes stung, as if tears were on their way. I bit my lip, debating if I should say more. “It doesn’t mean that I don’t have a lot of love in me to give someone.”

I loved the goodness in her, struggling with the feelings she has for Mateo and wanting to do the right thing
.
 photo images10_zps8617c7b8.jpg

A beautiful dreamer with such heart.
Love in English by Karina Halle photo e76fe445ae95b328e93c8d0be51d9b5d_zps84f65e88.jpg

Mateo Casalles, mature, passionate, sensitive, caring, loving….his sensuality….I fell in love with this man and he’s wound himself around my heart forever. I felt a deep connection with him. He’s likeable, lovable and totally irresistible!!
Love in English by Karina Halle photo edcda5bfcdd05e5944152b055f192d95_zps445892f4.jpg

And in some way, just like Vera, has lost his way….
<Love in English by Karina Halle photo bd96d8b9d97f27c80f90cb1b877fbcf1_zps65139b7a.jpg
Powerful writing….the consequences of their love is filled with emotion, heartbreak, pain….and you feel it all because it’s such so real ….we can relate to all the chaos that ensues.
Love in English by Karina Halle photo 90a2b14a37ce98f1f32ed5bf3c996c15_zps58eabf6f.jpg
But in the end, love does overcome everything……..“But love makes you an optimist,” she said. “That is what love is. It is hope for the future. Love doesn’t want you to lose faith, to view the world darkly, to have no hope. Love makes you believe in the impossible. That is the meaning of the word.”The vivid imagery, the settings…I felt the heat, heard the music, tasted the food, touched the stars, smelt the air that was all Spain……the town of AcantiladoLove in English by Karina Halle photo __serviciosviajesolympiacom_fotos_Benidorm_PUEBLOACANTILADO_vistafachada_zps1596bc59.jpg
And beautiful Madrid Love in English by Karina Halle photo images11_zpsdb72875b.jpg
A beautiful book that made me feel so many emotions. Read it and feel it!!

I want to share something I found that reminded me of Vera Miles and her free spirit!! Love in English by Karina Halle photo 6030607844b97e37ffa5b73c66e13cc5_zpsa2186f5f.jpg



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment