LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 24 March 2012

REVIEW: The Theotokis Inheritance by Susanne James

I’m not sure why I bought this book as Susanne James is not one of my favourite Mills & Boon’s authors…perhaps the synopsis sounded interesting to me…after all, Greek alpha heroes are my favourite…but the hero’s name should have warned me….Oscar…a Greek!!!!! 
The pace of the story dragged from page one and I kept hoping it would change..but no it did not. I just could not engage with the characters…Oscar Theotokis, the arrogant, sexy Greek tycoon who had broken English rose Helena Kingston’s heart 10 years before are suddenly thrown together again when both inherit together his aunt’s fabulous home, Mulberry Court. 
I found it hard to believe the reason why Oscar had just packed up and left Helena one day without giving her any explanation. It seemed a very weak that she never found out for such a long time even though she had been very close to his aunt, who knew about their relationship and at no time had any discussion about their break up came up. A bit hard to believe that somehow. And more unbelievable….after dropping Helena, Oscar is now going all out in getting her back. What did he do all those years without her????? How can you possible love someone and not even once try to see them again…oh yes, I forgot….this is fiction after all!!!!! Seriously, I know some stories are a bit far-fetched but one still manages to connect and believe what you are reading….however I just did not have this feeling with this story. 

Their romance just didn’t do it for me…eventually when he gets her into his bed, you have lost interest and it’s like…right…what next???? And a tycoon who has his own island but lives above the local tavern!!!!! No, I can’t see a Greek tycoon doing that… 
I was also irritated by all these characters that appear here and there for no reason whatsoever…in fact when I discover who and what they were, my thought was “was this just for filling in pages????” 

Well, these two do get their HEA…naturally….but by the time I got to the last page I couldn’t have cared less!!!!!! 

I know this review is a bit harsh but this should not stop anyone from reading this book. Someone may have a different feel about it. Me, I think I will give this author’s books a miss…

No comments:

Post a Comment