LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Saturday 24 March 2012

REVIEW: Air Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones

Air Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones

I loved this book. Having been one of those “hosties” with a major international airline for years, I identified with so many of the stories...which by the way have some truth in them even though some might be termed exaggerated....but hey it makes for much more interesting reading.
An hilarious ride..........

The story, told thru the eyes of an airport duty manager, which happens in a span of 24 hours shows us all the dramas that go on in an international airport...from the baggage handlers, check-in agents, flight attendants and more. It’s an hilarious ride.....you now have discovered all the secrets of all those people who you don’t give a toss for and take for granted.....and how they go about getting their revenge on those so called hideous pax!!!!!!!

Yes, flight crew...cockpit and cabin do get up to mischief...though the days of fun times during long lay-overs are a thing of the past. Now you fly to your destination and if you are lucky, have a day there and then fly right back home....no time given for partying...well how much can one cram into a night-stop I ask????

Travellers are given a few tips on how to.....in a fun way.....get yourself upgraded....now that’s very hard...but one can still try I suppose...those drunken pax....they happen believe me!!!!!! And sex in the sky...it’s not a myth......it happened on one of my flights!!!!

I absolutely loved the scenes with the crew in the Dubai hotel. I couldn’t stop laughing...in fact I laughed through most of reading this book. A real buzz.

And finally it did bring back the most amazing memories I have of my flying life.....you know it’s really true.....we flight attendants are really “Jetsetters on the cheap!!!!”...and oh yes buy the book, have a laugh and try not to take it tooooo seriously....just have fun as u turn the pages!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment