LIFE, ROMANCE AND ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS

Share,Talk, Read and Write about Life, Romance, Flying and other things.....

Sunday 18 March 2012

Port Mortuary
Has Patricia Cornwell lost the “Scarpetta” plot or is she using a ghostwriter in her latest books in this series????
I have read every single book in the Kay Scarpetta Series and liked all of them except when I reached Blow Fly…..what happened from then onwards??? It felt was if it had been written by a totally different person but being the person who never gives up, continued with the books afterwards hoping something would change!!! But no….and Port Mortuary is the latest example of what I mean.

Kay Scarpetta is nothing like the person in Postmortem, the first book in the series. I don’t recognize her….all this garbage of her in the army, her dark secret about something that happened to her in Cape Town years ago, her loss of control in her work, etc etc……
I hated the interaction between her and Benson, Lucy, Marino…who to me have become really hollow and boring……the only light in this was her new assistant…..and Sock, the abandoned Greyhound who she becomes obsessed with!!!!!!

And all those acronyms…hightech..and long and winded descriptions of helicopters, weather reports, computers, SUV’s and more and more….found myself skimming over a lot and I mean lots of pages….in fact I was ready to give up halfway but I needed to confirm who the killer was (which I had an idea about long before we know!!!) and also what would happen to the dog…..what would she do????

I tell myself every time I see this author’s latest book that I will not buy it and read it….but I can’t help myself…in the hope that her magic will return to writing something as good as she did when she first began this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment